never been upgraded

Js1126

I do agree on the value of a good TA...

And ours, over the years, have gotten us some good added value in a lot of places, just never a major upgrade (that upsell on another cruise line I wrote about was actually not the original "offer" ...we got the TA involved and a quick negotiation took place that resulted in an excellent deal for us)...

As to Captain's Table invites, we've gotten several over the years on Celebrity for the most part...

I have always tried to figure those out...

Sometimes the decision comes from Corporate HQ in Miami...sometimes it is left up to the Captains Club hostess...and we know that we have been invited both ways...I have, over the years, become familiar with one of Celebrity's regional marketing reps through an introduction from one of my TAs at an annual event they hold...and had a conversation with him one time about an upcoming cruise--so he was aware of our cruise--and we were invited to the Captain's Table and the hostess told us the invite came from Miami...Another cruise, we were in the Elite drinking hours with the same group of couples every night having a great time...and the hostess took a liking to us...and we were all invited to the Captain's Table on one of the later formal nights (14 night cruise)...On yet another cruise, we learned that there were only 16 Elite Captain's Club members on board--and through conversations at the Elite drinking hour, we learned that all of us were invited to one formal night Captains Table or the other...On another cruise line, we got a really special invite--not to the Captain's Table, but to a very special specialty restaurant with only one table, 18 guests per night for dinner with the Cruise line's celebrity master chef and his wife...Of course, on that cruise we were in one of the "big" suites...People in the top suites tend to get Captain's Table invites...as do the people with the most past cruises...

But, on other cruises, we've been invited and have no idea why...We're not in Suites, we're not the guests with the most past cruises, etc. I just say "The folks at Celebrity seem to like us"...

Archived