air question

sailorwife

In business, I might take KLM as they give you a nice Delft blue house. :) But AF is putting in lie-flat beds, so it's a matter of priorities.

In coach, I'd be looking very hard at what the equipment is on the TATL segment. I'd check the seat dimensions and what any costs would be to get a better coach seat. AF offers a premium economy product that is quite nice - not sure if it's available YUL-CDG, but it would run significantly more than just the "comfort" upcharge for more legroom. Also, AF has greater frequency than KL, IIRC.

Intra-Europe is about the same...AF uses Airbus, KL has 737s.

AMS is probably an easier connection (well signed and clear layout) but note that it's a big airport. Some say that it's actually a shopping mall that happens to have airplanes and runways. CDG keeps getting better, but is still behind AMS.

Are you flying in the day of your sailing? Almost no one here recommends that but if this is your plan and you have never been through CDG before 2 hours is OK but not great, especially if you are late and sitting in the back of the plane. There are multiple flights a day between CDG and VCE.

The other question is - when are you going? If you're going in 2014 and the schedules aren't out yet it's hard to give advice.

AF offers a premium economy product that is quite nice - not sure if it's available YUL-CDG, but it would run significantly more than just the "comfort" upcharge for more legroom. Also, AF has greater frequency than KL, IIRC.

AF definitely offers Premium Voyageur (or, as MamaTwick likes to call it, 'enhanced steerage' :D) on their YUL-CDG flights, as I was on the verge of booking this for my YUL-FCO trip (until I ended up going WT+ on BA). They also used to fly the A380 on this route, until they pulled it I think last October. Even so, they have way more capacity than KLM, with 2-3 flights per night depending on the time of year (at least one of which is on a 747), as opposed to KLM's 1 flight/night on an MD-11.

Thanks for the info,

we will be flying this Oct/5/2013, I will check out BA,

we have been to England and then to Spain that was with AC and the plane to spain was terrible, also to Malta via London, good flights but Husbands company booked them and I think it was AC,

Thanks

sailorwife

Archived