Live (at the time) Review 12 night Canada/New England on Brilliance 10/22/12-11/3/12

ace1zoe2

No, couldn't find anything listed on the ship's listing. (Forgot to mention that in my first post.) I know they used to because we've done this cruise before, but we didn't choose the one that went to Lunenburg. Now that we are interested in it, we couldn't find it listed. Thanks for your reply.

Thank you so much for doing this review, ace1zoe2! (And I love it when reviews get "bumped" up to page 1. I missed this the first go-around.)

We are considering a similar itinerary for next year, and I really appreciate the attention to detail you've put into your posts. We were just on the Serenade last week, so I'm feeling "nostalgic" seeing the pictures of the ship, and the port information is really helpful in giving me ideas of what to expect as we do our planning.

Cindy,

Thanks so much for this fabulous review. We are doing the 7 night CA/NE tour in Oct. out of Boston on the Brilliance. I too have done a lot of planning and have Roy booked in St. John. I now know what I'm in for. LOTS OF FUN! This has helped me with my idea of what to wear for clothing too.

In Halifax, we have Bob booked with Blue Diamond Tours. It's about a 6 to 6.5 hour tour of the area.

I was happy to hear someone here mention Portland Discover Tours mentioned as we have no concrete plans there. I was thinking of the Lighthouses of Maine tour with the ship. Will check this company out.

Also, you've convinced me to eat at the Old Port Tavern! Woohoo!

So excited! Thanks again.

Macy

I heard that while in Bar Harbor, Celebrity brings a tender full of Maine lobster on board. Do you know what night this lobster is served? I don't want to go to a specialty restaurant on that evening. Thanks bunches!:p

Sorry , but I'm not sure about this one. I believe it was one of the formal nights, which we skipped & went to the specialty restaurant instead. Maybe another reader will know.

Cindy,

Thanks so much for this fabulous review. We are doing the 7 night CA/NE tour in Oct. out of Boston on the Brilliance. I too have done a lot of planning and have Roy booked in St. John. I now know what I'm in for. LOTS OF FUN! This has helped me with my idea of what to wear for clothing too.

In Halifax, we have Bob booked with Blue Diamond Tours. It's about a 6 to 6.5 hour tour of the area.

I was happy to hear someone here mention Portland Discover Tours mentioned as we have no concrete plans there. I was thinking of the Lighthouses of Maine tour with the ship. Will check this company out.

Also, you've convinced me to eat at the Old Port Tavern! Woohoo!

So excited! Thanks again.

Macy

Macy,

You will have a great time on this cruise.

Just a forewarning... We loved our tour with Roy, however he uses his private van which wasn't in the best shape. He's also a smoker, if that matters to you. He didn't smoke inside the van but when we stopped it was his smoke break.

He has a great personality & lots of information on the port stop and he got us into places that were closed for the season.

I would do the tour again but I can imagine some who would not.

This is one of my favorite cruises to date. Loved, loved, loved both Canada & New England.

Cindy

Macy,

Just a forewarning... We loved our tour with Roy, however he uses his private van which wasn't in the best shape. He's also a smoker, if that matters to you. He didn't smoke inside the van but when we stopped it was his smoke break.

I would do the tour again but I can imagine some who would not.

Cindy

Cindy, Thanks for the warning. As long as the van is safe and he's a good driver, that's all that matters. Of course, I don't really want to be broken down on the side of the road either. We don't smoke, but it won't bother us for him to do so at stops.

Macy

Cindy, Thanks for the warning. As long as the van is safe and he's a good driver, that's all that matters. Of course, I don't really want to be broken down on the side of the road either. We don't smoke, but it won't bother us for him to do so at stops.

Macy

Macy,

He was a great driver & the van was safe. One of the back sliding doors wasn't working so 5 of the 6 passengers had to enter & exit on one side. Other than that it was fine.

Cindy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

• 5 months later...

Thanks for putting the link to this thread in the question thread earlier today. I'm still on page three of this one, but so far I like what I'm seeing. I've booked a similar itinerary (going a bit further south at the end) for 2015 and am devouring all info I can find.

Thanks for putting the link to this thread in the question thread earlier today. I'm still on page three of this one, but so far I like what I'm seeing. I've booked a similar itinerary (going a bit further south at the end) for 2015 and am devouring all info I can find.

CruizinK,

Thanks for taking time to post. I think that you should find lists of information to help you plan your trip.

If I can answer any questions please feel free to ask.

Cindy

• 10 months later...

As I mentioned earlier, I did read your entire review and absolutely loved it and all the amazing photography. I wanted to visit the East Coast in the fall for many years and my dream will be coming through finally.

I see you are doing a Med cruise...I may have missed where you are crusing to but you will absolutely love Europe with all of it's wonderful architecture. I really need to get a report done from our last cruise...it seems I've not been able to find the time but you've given me a great incentive to finally do my trip report.

Here are the ports we will be visiting on our NE/Canada cruise plus a few days precruise so we can visit NYC.

Departing from:

• Cape Liberty, New Jersey

Sailing to :

• Boston, Massachusetts
  • Portland, Maine
  • Bar Harbor, Maine
  • Quebec City, Quebec
  • Charlottetown, Pr. Edward Isl.
  • Sydney, Nova Scotia
  • Halifax, Nova Scotia

Thanks again for taking so much time to post this review.

As I mentioned earlier, I did read your entire review and absolutely loved it and all the amazing photography. I wanted to visit the East Coast in the fall for many years and my dream will be coming through finally.

I see you are doing a Med cruise...I may have missed where you are crusing to but you will absolutely love Europe with all of it's wonderful architecture. I really need to get a report done from our last cruise...it seems I've not been able to find the time but you've given me a great incentive to finally do my trip report.

Here are the ports we will be visiting on our NE/Canada cruise plus a few days precruise so we can visit NYC.

Departing from:

Sailing to :

• Boston, Massachusetts
  • Portland, Maine
  • Bar Harbor, Maine
  • Quebec City, Quebec
  • Charlottetown, Pr. Edward Isl.
  • Sydney, Nova Scotia
  • Halifax, Nova Scotia

Thanks again for taking so much time to post this review.

Thank you for taking time to post & resurrect this thread. Hopefully someone else will find the information helpful in planning their cruise or at least enjoy the pictures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for taking time to post & resurrect this thread. Hopefully someone else will find the information helpful in planning their cruise or at least enjoy the pictures.

You're welcome. I forgot to ask you...how did you get RCCL to supply the name tag cards for your M&M? They're great. I'm wondering if I can get something like that ahead of time from Celebrity. On our last cruise I did buy some tags with sticky backs and made them out ahead of time.

Edited by midwestchick

You're welcome. I forgot to ask you...how did you get RCCL to supply the name tag cards for your M&M? They're great. I'm wondering if I can get something like that ahead of time from Celebrity. On our last cruise I did buy some tags with sticky backs and made them out ahead of time.

These have always been supplied by RCI for the M&M as the invitation left in your cabin. It tears apart into the name tags and the door prize ticket. You bring it to the M&M and they give you the blue note pad/name holders as the gift everyone receives.

These have always been supplied by RCI for the M&M as the invitation left in your cabin. It tears apart into the name tags and the door prize ticket. You bring it to the M&M and they give you the blue note pad/name holders as the gift everyone receives.

We have not sailed on RCI...but I know Azamara (same company) doesn't supply them and I don't recall them being supplied on Celebrity. No cute little gifts either. Strange that RCCL doesn't do the same for all 3 of their cruise lines. :confused: :rolleyes:

We have not sailed on RCI...but I know Azamara (same company) doesn't supply them and I don't recall them being supplied on Celebrity. No cute little gifts either. Strange that RCCL doesn't do the same for all 3 of their cruise lines. :confused: :rolleyes:

I'd love to try both Celebrity & Azamara eventually. Think we'll stick with RCI until we hit Diamond + then try the others. I doubt very seriously that we will ever reach Pinnacle!

I have really enjoyed your entire review and appreciate you sharing it with everyone! I am cruising New England/Canada Oct. 2015 on Liberty of the Seas and working on our excursions now. In Mahoney Bay where were you to get that beautiful picture of the three churches?

I have really enjoyed your entire review and appreciate you sharing it with everyone! I am cruising New England/Canada Oct. 2015 on Liberty of the Seas and working on our excursions now. In Mahoney Bay where were you to get that beautiful picture of the three churches?

Thank you so much for the compliments.

If I remember correctly we were just coming in to Mahoney Bay and the was a small bridge to cross. I either had my hubby stop befor or after (possibly both) so that I could get that picture.

There is actually a 4th church as well that is just beyond the other 3 if memory serves.

The country side throughout that entire trip was just beautiful.

I'd love to do that itinerary again!

Any other questions, feel free to ask.

Cindy

Afterwards we headed back to the room and ended up taking a 30 minute nap before getting ready for dinner at Choppe's at 6pm. Tonight was the second formal night in the main dining room. We had never been to Choppe's before and thought it was very nice. Our waiter was Catalin from Romania and he was excellent.

Catalin, medium height and blondish hair? Great smile? If he is the same person we had him as a pool side waiter on Voyager in 2010. Awesome guy...I do have a picture of him, I think.

Catalin, medium height and blondish hair? Great smile? If he is the same person we had him as a pool side waiter on Voyager in 2010. Awesome guy...I do have a picture of him, I think.

Shekim,

Thanks for taking time to comment. I'm sorry, I've slept too many nights since I wrote this review and honestly do not remember. I just know we were impressed with his service that night.

Happy Sails!

Cindy

Shekim,

Thanks for taking time to comment. I'm sorry, I've slept too many nights since I wrote this review and honestly do not remember. I just know we were impressed with his service that night.

Happy Sails!

Cindy

I'm sure...great review. This is making me want to talk to my husband about doing a NE cruise. We've talked about it but have never gotten serious. And I bet he's the same Caitilin we had on Voyager. He was awesome!

And I am glad someone brought this review back! I would have missed it otherwise. Thanks for taking the time.

I'm sure...great review. This is making me want to talk to my husband about doing a NE cruise. We've talked about it but have never gotten serious. And I bet he's the same Caitilin we had on Voyager. He was awesome!

And I am glad someone brought this review back! I would have missed it otherwise. Thanks for taking the time.

Glad that you found it and hope it helps you convince your hubby!

Maybe others will see it and get excited about this itinerary.

It seems all the reviews are about Allure/Oasis and Caribbean cruises.

We prefer to sail a new itinerary each time and not repeat ports! There are too many places to see in the world to keep going back to the same ones over & over.

Happy sails!

Cindy

Thank you so much for the compliments.

If I remember correctly we were just coming in to Mahoney Bay and the was a small bridge to cross. I either had my hubby stop befor or after (possibly both) so that I could get that picture.

There is actually a 4th church as well that is just beyond the other 3 if memory serves.

The country side throughout that entire trip was just beautiful.

I'd love to do that itinerary again!

Any other questions, feel free to ask.

Cindy

I really want to make that drive to Lunenburg and see Peggy's Cove and Mahoney Bay on the way. It sounds like it wasn't hard to spot the churches...I would love to get that picture! One more question if I may...

Did you have a large zoom on your camera? I am a little nervous driving that far from port but, you said you felt like you had time. I will have to get my husband going early that day!

Thank you Cindy!