Upsell Fairy Called HELP!

Nannersmom

To me it all depends on the circumstances. If it were a 7 day cruise for 250 and I had the disposable income I would do it. If it was a three or four night cruise and I was scraping by on a budget for the trip I would pass. Great to have a balcony- If you like them and can afford.

Upsell Fairy just called. Offering to upgrade us to a balcony for $250 more then we paid.. No additional taxes. That is $250 total

Is this worth it?

A balcony is worth every penny IMO. I never book anything else. You are on a cruise.... so many advantages to a balcony...see, hear, smell the beautiful seas & scenery on the privacy of your own balcony. That's a great price....do it!!!!!

Upsell Fairy just called. Offering to upgrade us to a balcony for $250 more then we paid.. No additional taxes. That is $250 total

Is this worth it?

Depends on how long of a cruise and what room you are in now. For a 7 day cruise I would do it. For shorter than that, maybe.

We got this same deal last month on the Liberty, 7-day cruise, from an inside on Lido to a balcony on Lido for $250 total. I had looked myself the week prior, and the same move would have cost me $500 if I'd upgraded then--and I resisted at that price. But for $250, we took it. I was also offered an aft extended balcony for $300 extra in the same call, but DH doesn't think he would like an aft (crazy, right?). We ended up being pleased that we took the upsell. Good luck!

gdepends on what deck the balcony is on.

o 250 to go from an oceanview cabin to a balcony.

ould suck if you have a cabin on the upper deck.- many of which are noisy cabins.

hoping they gave you on the empress

Did you book through a TA or Carnival directly? Congrats on the balcony! They are great!

We booked through Carnival. I really thought it was going to be some type of spam call or just Carnival telling us not to get to the ship early. Don't have any clues as to how we were picked.

The new cabin is on the empress deck. In fact we are going from the very front to the very back The Upsell Fairy gave me a couple of cabins to choose from and I looked them up before I agreed Did not want to get stuck under the dining rooms or other wonderful places

Nice! Wish it had been me. :cool:

I got a call from the upsell fairy 4 years ago for a balcony for $150 on a 7 day cruise. I would have paid twice that.

I've been patiently waiting for another call for my upcoming cruise...but so far, no luck. I may be stuck with our inside cabin, but that is OK.

That was a good deal to take. :D

Looks like Carnival might have had someone who REALLY wanted one of those unique 4J 'interior with picture window' cabins! (Or maybe it was one of the handicapped-accessible ones and it was needed?)

Either way, it's a win-win. \m/

We booked through Carnival. I really thought it was going to be some type of spam call or just Carnival telling us not to get to the ship early. Don't have any clues as to how we were picked.

The new cabin is on the empress deck. In fact we are going from the very front to the very back The Upsell Fairy gave me a couple of cabins to choose from and I looked them up before I agreed Did not want to get stuck under the dining rooms or other wonderful places

Pretty good location, too!! Closer to Lido. Congrats & Enjoy!!!

Then I would take it in a heartbeat, if you can afford it.

They already did;)

we are in 7411-- wave if you see us

Archived