golden princess - lido deck

obladi1

We have rooms booked on the lido deck for the 12/17/05 sailing. Has anyone been on this floor?? I it noisy? Will it matter that we are at the front of the boat so high up with regards to sea sickness??

Since Lido is the same deck as the main pools, you should not have a problem with seasickness unless you have a problem when you are sitting around the pools. If you are worried about seasickness, I would not worry as much about the height of the deck but rather if I were at the bow or stern of the ship.

Todays ships have stabilizers which have dramatically cut down on passenger seasickness complaints. I wouldn't worry too much about it.

We just booked Lido on the Golden for Nov. We had a Lido cabin on the Conquest in January and loved it. While not the Golden she's the same size. We were also concerned about motion and noise and were plesantly suprised. There was no more motion or noise there than in our previous cabins which were lower and midships. It was great being so close to the pool area.

Next up....Golden Princess Nov 2005

We will be on the July 1st sailing and are on Lido (I forget the cabin no. offhand) but I remember it looked like it was under the gym. I would be more concerned with hearing the treadmills pounded early in the morning that the noise from the pool. Anyone with experience so far forward? Either way, I guess I'll find out when we get there!

We were on the Lido deck on the Golden in late 2001, before they realized that the balcony cabins had balconies. We were expecting a "floor to ceiling window", and found a balcony when we opened the cabin door! They have since reclassified these cabins (I think it was a CC Cabin). We thought it was the best cabin we've ever had. Close to the buffet and grill, close to the pool, close to the gym, close to the stairs/elevator.

We were on the Lido deck on the Golden in late 2001, before they realized that the balcony cabins had balconies. We were expecting a "floor to ceiling window", and found a balcony when we opened the cabin door! They have since reclassified these cabins (I think it was a CC Cabin). We thought it was the best cabin we've ever had. Close to the buffet and grill, close to the pool, close to the gym, close to the stairs/elevator.

Thanks for your reply, but I'm not sure I understand what you mean when you say they reclassified the cabins from CC? Is this a regular balcony? Thanks.

Thanks for your reply, but I'm not sure I understand what you mean when you say they reclassified the cabins from CC? Is this a regular balcony? Thanks.

There were some cabins on the Golden that were marked in the brochure as having floor to ceiling windows and marked as CC categories (verses balcony cabins). In fact, they were really balconies so those who booked outside cabins got balconies. It was pretty cool for awhile.

We had an inside on Lido on the Grand and loved the location! So close to the pool.

Archived