Tips to avoid (lessen?) PCD!

countercast

I was wondering what great tips people have for lessening that damn post cruise depression - especially when returning to cold winter climates! I know the BEST cure is to book another cruise - which I did!- but sure would be nice to have some cheaper alternatives! Having a super-clean house upon returning and a reservation for a wonderful restaurant has helped me. Any others?

Working hard to cruise hard!

<applet code="countdown.class" CODEBASE="http://*************/java-sys" width="203" height="25">

<param name="font" value="lcdb0">

<param name="year" value=2004>

<param name="month" value=12>

<param name="day" value=21>

<param name="hour" value=16>

</applet>

• 3 weeks later...

I always buy sea salt and have a bath with it about 1 week after the cruise. I put a picture up from the cruise in the bathroom.

I book a facial and manicure one month after. The third month, I start looking for another cruise. Reserach for another cruise could take up to a year. Then I book and start counting the days. This time I'm counting the days but have not booked yet due to a house fire. I NEED A CRUISE.

Hopfully a Hawiian Cruise

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=4169e1&cdt=2006;12;5;11;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500  Until we sail away on the ocean blue

Navigator of the Seas Western Crib 08/03

Dawn Princess - Eastern Carb 01/03

Dawn Princess Panamal Canal 11/02

I just returned home this morning from my birthday cruise on the Celebrity Summit and already PCD is setting in! icon_frown.gif I already have another cruise booked for November but don't think I can wait that long!! icon_wink.gif

Note the 4 stages of cruising below. PCD is not one of them because there is not time. I suggest setting up a miniature tiki bar at home, listening to Jimmy Buffett and reflecting on the cruise with a few drinks. icon_cool.gif

JV The 4 stages of cruising: planning, anticipation, experience and reflection.

• 1 month later...
I think surfing this website might help a lot. I know i'm looking forward to using it as "therapy" after my next cruise.

Well Steve I hope it works for ya! I know for me it has the exact opposite effect. I find that surfing CC just makes me book another cruise that much faster. Before I found CC I really only cruised once a year (and was happy) but now here I am with three cruises in just one year. If I can’t afford to book another cruise I stay away from the boards. It’s just too depressing :( to see how much fun everybody else will be having. But then that's just me :rolleyes:

Do you ever leave your island?

Hi Jemingway,

Yes, I do leave for vactions every now and then. I went back to the UK for 4 weeks, I've also been to St. Lucia and Antigua... each island is so different from another. St. Lucia is absolutely beautiful, lush green majestic hills. You tend to notice that coming from Barbados were it is very flat.

I'm really looking forward to seeing so many islands in one week! We hope to take many photos of just about everything and a souvenir/memory from each one to decorate our soon-to-be renevated(sp) home.

Canyou give me the code for your countdown clock - I am so envious - yours is dynamic!!!!! Counts the seconds!!!!:cool:

:) Here's the code Bob,

Change the values for "year" "month" "day" "hour" to suite your departure.

The seconds will automatically kick in of course. (I plan on leaving home around 10ish hence the 10)

Let me know if you have any problems.

<applet code="countdown.class" CODEBASE="http://chesterh.com/java-sys" width="203" height="21"><br />

<param name="font" value="lcdb0"><br />

<param name="year" value=2004><br />

<param name="month" value=9><br />

<param name="day" value=22><br />

<param name="hour" value=10><br />

</applet> <br />

890 days? :eek: I would go berserk waiting that long! I couldn't wait that long! Where do you get your sea salt?

I always buy sea salt and have a bath with it about 1 week after the cruise. I put a picture up from the cruise in the bathroom.

I book a facial and manicure one month after. The third month, I start looking for another cruise. Reserach for another cruise could take up to a year. Then I book and start counting the days. This time I'm counting the days but have not booked yet due to a house fire. I NEED A CRUISE.

Hopfully a Hawiian Cruise

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=4169e1&cdt=2006;12;5;11;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500  Until we sail away on the ocean blue

Navigator of the Seas Western Crib 08/03

Dawn Princess - Eastern Carb 01/03

Dawn Princess Panamal Canal 11/02

Thank you so much - I got it to work - Had to change the signature editing to p;lain text -but it works!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA1

THANKS AGAIN

:) Here's the code Bob,

Change the values for "year" "month" "day" "hour" to suite your departure.

The seconds will automatically kick in of course. (I plan on leaving home around 10ish hence the 10)

Let me know if you have any problems.

<applet code="countdown.class" CODEBASE="http://chesterh.com/java-sys" width="203" height="21"><br />

<param name="font" value="lcdb0"><br />

<param name="year" value=2004><br />

<param name="month" value=9><br />

<param name="day" value=22><br />

<param name="hour" value=10><br />

</applet> <br />

Forgot to change the variables on the last post.

Thank you so much - I got it to work - Had to change the signature editing to p;lain text -but it works!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA1

THANKS AGAIN

That cruise video is what I use to help me get over PCD. I just got of the Brilliance OTS from Europe on June7. I think I watch parts of that cruise video every day. Plus I go out to the fountains and creeks here in Kansas City to watch the water and just reflect on the fun I had. I bought some music CDs from Greece and from some of the performers on the ship, these help a lot. I know the best thing to do will be to book another cruise. But, I've gotta be honest...I can't do that till I pay off some of my "Fun Debt" from the last one!

So how long should I expect it to take for me to get over it?!?

Dentistalista

• 2 weeks later...

One of the things that I have always done with our cruises and enjoyed is the "planning process." I think planning and list making is all a part of the fun. So when you return, scour through the brochures and begin to choose your next cruise and start the planning process all over again!;) ;) ;)

I'm with Philly Steve. When we got back from our cruise, one of the first things I did was to get back on CC. I found a roll call for the ship I was on, and offered to answer any questions. I went on the Ports of Call boards, and let people know what I had learned. I compared notes about the cruise, and comiserated with other people who were back in the "real world". It made being back less of a shock somehow.

Now PJnVA has a valid point. Our last cruise was practically spur of the moment. We worked my husband's vacation schedule, and booked the cruise 2 months out. Our next cruise was booked almost 8 months out, after months of deliberation and study. But I'm not sure if Cruise Critic is to blame, or just having a FABULOUS time on our last cruise, or that the price for our room was too good to pass up. A combination of the last 2, I think.

You could try living in one of your 'ports of call' like I do!:D

Sorry.... I guess that's not funny is it?!:o

I've done what you did, but for me, it was not a choice, my parents moved to St.Maarten when I was little. 21 years later, I am still here.

Archived