Room Upgrade

beachpeke

I have received room upgrades on other cruise lines when I purchased a guaranteed stateroom. Just wondering if RC ever gives upgrades to a guaranteed stateroom.

Sure it's possible, but chances are you will get the minimum category specified in the guarantee.

I guess we have been really fortunate as we have had upgrades with every guarantee we've done, three times with RC, four with X and five with Princess. Most were in the same class of cabins, which some say isn't really an upgrade but it nice the get the top category upper deck cabin when you've paid for the lowest category in that class of cabins. Twice we went up two classes and twice up one class.

Check the availability of the category you have a guarantee in and if it shows no cabins available for selection there is a good chance for an upgrade. This just happened to someone on our next cruise roll call. They booked a X gty just after Xmas and since then only an occasional D2 balcony was showing available but lots of D1 staterooms. Last week they were assigned a D1 cabin which is a pretty nice upgrade for a X gty..

Archived