Integrity

BB5953

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TPKeller:

So what you're saying is we need to invent a new class of cruiser... one who is well informed, and not prone to rash reactions. Then when we call in, we would identify ourselves as such, and hopefully get better treatment! icon_smile.gif

What would we call it? Think they would go for it?

Theron

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That is the fun part. I have (after a lot of effort) managed to finally make contacts at Comcast for my wireless, Microsoft for OS, and various hardware manufacturers who I can now call up and not be faced with the "is the computer on" level question.

Should we have someone start issuing the "I am intelligent/ I am not a dummy" license or do we need to go through the painstaking process each time? I wouldn't mind having the license even if I had to prove I deserved it and had to pay several hundred dollars for it. Think of all the time it would save.

For me the truth of the matter is I'd rather have a costumer service person just say "I don't know but I will try to find out for you and get back to you in a timely fashion" I don't want a Customer service person to make up the answer just to get me off the phone. Nor do I want half an answer. I can respect someone who says they don't know for being honest with me!

Peg

<applet code="countdown.class" CODEBASE="http://*************/java-sys" width="203" height="25">

<param name="font" value="lcdb0">

<param name="year" value=2004>

<param name="month" value=10>

<param name="day" value=08>

<param name="hour" value=18>

</applet>

2004 Celebrity Galaxy 10/8/04

2003 Carnival Legend 10/4/03

2002 Celebrity Galaxy 9/20/02

1977 Southward/skyward

1976 Song of Norway

1975 Leonardo Davinci

1974 frederico C

1973 Doric

1972 Homeric

1971 Homeric

1970 queen anna maria

WOW, with all this bad info given by Customer Service, which I personally haven't dealt with just Captains Club & Angelo wasn't any prize & I told Jack about him.

May I suggest that you phone Victoria Delucca, Jack's Asst at 1-888-767-43644 x32942. She will be very insterested that I told you to call first of all as well as my shock with what I was reading. Do give her questions that you asked & what you were told, etc. Jack will be very shocked at what is happening, as CS is #1 with RCCL/Celebirty.

My logo: When we disembark, I just have to book another!

I appreciate your suggestion that we contact his office but, direct contact to his assistant was a privledge offered to you. And from your other postings, it appears that the two of you have developed a friendship. Maybe during your next call you should suggest that his assistant read this thread.

The cs people tend to be be a bit ADDLED AT MOST CRUISELINES AND TEND TO KNOW LESS ABOUT WHAT IS GOING ON THAN THE AVEREAGE POSTER TO THIS BOARD. Many of them are sitting in an office somewhere and have never seen or been on a cruise ship.

I dont take it personally and it has never negatively affected any of my onboard experiences.

Jacqueline

Constellation 3/20/04

HAL Westerdam 7/30/04

Tahitian Princess August 2003

Grand Princess Western Caribbean 2003

Brilliance of the Seas Baltic 2002

Ocean Princess- Alaska 2001

Celebrity Zenith- Bermuda 2001

Grand Princess Med 2000

Wouldn't it be wonderful if they did just that! A customer advisory board might be an idea they should consider. Only problem they would have is to narrow down the number willing to serve!

Having worked 13 years in CS at UPS before they disband it, it is easy to answer some of the lack of knowledge. We had a 3 ring binder filled with questions & for form answer to give. Many of the questions asked are not in the book, so you quickly look up a similar one & give that answer verbetim. That is incorrect for us, the cruiser, but perfectly acceptible for them. They are taped, which is reviewed or monitored by a supervisor, who grades them on shortest time on phone to take more calls per hour also. That is WRONG! Attention should be #1. If you spend an hour answering questions of a customer, they will be back again & again.

My logo: When we disembark, I just have to book another!

Knowing what the organizational and communications structure of many customer service organizations look like, don't go too harsh on the people directly behind the desk or the first people you talk to on the phone. Many times they do not know the answers and cannot find out from their superiors no matter how hard they try plus they are not allowed to tell you that they don't really know. Ask for a supervisor, manager, etc., and work your way up.

You can tell a really bad CS organization right away, because they make it virtually impossible to go up the chain of command. The inept supervisors and managers are hiding from the customers they are there to service. They will tell you that they couldn't possibly talk with every dissatified customer. They simply don't get it that if they were doing their jobs properly in the first place that most issues would be minor and they could be handled quickly and correctly by the CSRs without the need to ask for a supervisor.

Cruise Cat

Unofficial Ambassador for the Community

Vision of the Seas - 8/24/03

Rhapsody of the Seas - 9/1/02

Inspiration - 9/16/01

Jubilee - 9/12/99

<MARQUEE>..........................SAIL ON LMAO!!!....ALWAYS TRUE NORTH!!!...LMAO FOREVER (LF)!!!!...................<MARQUEE>

Having read the Celebrity threads over the last couple of months,it appears that Celebrity is having an assortment of 'operational' problems recently. These range from the Galaxy departing Charleston leaving several hundreds of passengers still on shore, confusion about cruise cancellations, ships going into drydock and for how long, and of course the ever popular sudden itinerary change with some 'non-enlightening' explanation.

I agree with Cruise Cat that the answer is pretty simple, poor supervision and management.

We recently completed our first cruise with Celebrity, the repositioning on the Horizon, from Tampa to Norfolk, and found Celebrity was more interested in telling us 'how good they were' than just being good.

The service from front line staff was excellent [ with the exception of the guest services desk!!], but they were not enlightened either to information such as itinerary changes, and management chose to explain it as 'port issues', whatever that may be.

Celebrity certainly appears to need to 'tighten its belt'and improve the service quality of its management, and the information it provides its customers, to maintain its' superior ratings.

Don't count the days....make the days count.

1989 - Carnivals Mardi Gras

1996 - Carnivals Holiday

1998 - Norwegians Leeward

1998 - Norwegian Sea

2000 - RCL Monarch of the Seas

2002 - Norwegian Sky[repos]

Norwegian Sky[bk to bk]

2003 - Norwegian Sea[repos]

2004 - Horizon [reposition]

Bumping this up per Just Cruizin's request.

<applet code="countdown.class" CODEBASE="http://*************/java-sys" width="203" height="25">

<param name="font" value="lcdb0">

<param name="2005" value=2004>

<param name="4" value=4>

<param name="01" value=26>

<param name="18" value=18>

</applet>

Archived