Spring Break 2014

fayfam

Hi Everyone

We have booked the Mexican Riviera Cruise on the Star 6th April 2014. As we are from Australia, we are not sure if this is Spring Break or even if it is, would the number of teenagers on board increase. We actually don't know a lot about Spring Break but have read it usually falls in March/April.

Any advice/thoughts would be welcome. I am probably concerned for no reason but would love to hear from fellow cruisers.

Thanks in advance

Kerry :)

Spring Break usually lasts about 6 weeks from late Feb to early April. There is a break scheduled for 4/14 to 4/21.

There will be a lot of families on board during the spring break dates. I wouldn't worry too much as it rarely gets rowdy and security is usually on top of things.

The ships most always sail full as well no matter what the dates.

As for the Mexican Ports there will be a lot of teenagers because Mexico is good value for their dollar plus there pretty slack on checking the drinking age.

The ports will also be extremely busy with locals because of their Easter, Easter Sunday 2014 is 4/18. They celebrate the week before and the week after and it can be a zoo in the more popular ports such as Cancun, Puerto Vallarta. The restaurants are full and often the grocery stores are emptied out and the beaches packed. You will also see tents pitched on the beach as the hotels/Hostels are all full.

I'm familiar with all of this because we've been going to Puerto Vallarta for 30 years but the last 15 years we have left before Easter.

Colleges have staggered spring breaks in March and April. Our schools (K-12) have their spring break around Easter , which in 2014 is April 20th. If we were to pick school break for that school vacation, it would be the week before Easter, because Passover is the 14th and our districts and the surrounding districts try to work around both of those holidays unless they're very far apart.

i went on that cruise for my spring break back in 2011. there were a lot of college students on there from Oregon. It all depends on if a big group of friends decide to go. Most schools in my area (40 miles east of la) have spring break in late March. at least for colleges. You should be in the clear for the most part. Have a great cruise!

Brandon

From someone that lives in one of the most popular spring break destinations (south beach), I know when peak spring break is LOL

The entire month of March is madness. The second and third week of March are the worst but the entire month of March is peak spring break. April finally calms down.

Spring Break usually lasts about 6 weeks from late Feb to early April. There is a break scheduled for 4/14 to 4/21.

There will be a lot of families on board during the spring break dates. I wouldn't worry too much as it rarely gets rowdy and security is usually on top of things.

The ships most always sail full as well no matter what the dates.

As for the Mexican Ports there will be a lot of teenagers because Mexico is good value for their dollar plus there pretty slack on checking the drinking age.

The ports will also be extremely busy with locals because of their Easter, Easter Sunday 2014 is 4/18. They celebrate the week before and the week after and it can be a zoo in the more popular ports such as Cancun, Puerto Vallarta. The restaurants are full and often the grocery stores are emptied out and the beaches packed. You will also see tents pitched on the beach as the hotels/Hostels are all full.

I'm familiar with all of this because we've been going to Puerto Vallarta for 30 years but the last 15 years we have left before Easter.

Thank you so much everyone for your replies and explanations :)

After reading all of the posts I am happy with the cruise date we have chosen. I know that it will be busy at this time of year but needed the advice of people who know.

Our daughter & fiancée who are coming with us, have decided to marry in Las Vegas before the cruise, so the cruise will now be their honeymoon.

Thanks again

Kerry :)

Archived