Bringing wine onboard

lucrob

This will be my first cruise on Norwegian and if it wasn't the only ship in Hawaii its wine policy would make me change my mind. The price of this cruise is comparable to Disney Cruise Line who has no gambling but does sell alcohol but allows you to bring aboard as much beer, wine, pop, etc. that you want. Princess states only one bottle but allows as much as a case as long as you don't want the bottle opened in a public area. I do not do it but I have seen people carrying a glass of wine into the dining room. I hope the cruise is worth the money as I am a TA and whether I advise people to take it or advise them to take it even though. . . will depend on the cruise.

Let me ask another question regarding wine - if you bring it will they store it for you, or do you keep it in your cabin?

Just curious - why would you want them to store it? I like mine where I can get at it any time I want, when I want and don't want to have to chase someone down to get it. I know cabins are small but there's always room for wine.

It would be nice to bring 2 bottles without a corkage fee. I have a problem with the corkage fee. It's no different than buying a bottle on board. The botttle prices on board all are about $15 more than you could by at the liquor store.So why even bother bringing it on. U don't save any money.

It would be nice to bring 2 bottles without a corkage fee. I have a problem with the corkage fee. It's no different than buying a bottle on board. The botttle prices on board all are about $15 more than you could by at the liquor store.So why even bother bringing it on. U don't save any money.

Nope. Their markup is more than 15 clams/bottle.

Most of the bottles on the wine list retail in the $9.99 to $13.99 range. I don't know about everyone else but I hate paying $40 for a $10 bottle. We are leaving Saturday on the Epic and bringing a case of assorted wines form our collection. I have no problem with the $15 corkage fee knowing that I will be drinking some truly great wines all week. :D:D:D:D

Hm you know this reminds me of something. When my sister and I were on the Epic a couple of weeks ago, guest services so graciously sent a fruit bowl and bottle of wine to our room. We devoured the fruit but I had no idea what to do with the wine. Could we have brought it with us to dinner and just had someone open it?

I ended up taking it back home with me wrapped VERY carefully in my suitcase. I was terrified I'd retrieve it at baggage claim and have red wine stains all over everything which, thankfully, did not happen.

Now if only I remember to check back here in case I get any answers...

Corkage fee is refundable if you present your receipt and the unopened bottle at Guest Services the morning of departure.

Very happy with NCL's policy to bring as much as I want just for paying the corkage fee.

I didn't know that! Thanks you for the information. :)

to answer capecodcruisers question - We will be on the Breakaway in June for our 25th aniv. The wines I am bringing are really nice, and while yes, we will have a bottle or two in our cabin, most will be consumed in the restaurants.

Hm you know this reminds me of something. When my sister and I were on the Epic a couple of weeks ago, guest services so graciously sent a fruit bowl and bottle of wine to our room. We devoured the fruit but I had no idea what to do with the wine. .

One word answer?

Sangria.

I spoke with concierge services and the Pino Gregio starts at $34.50 per bottle. So I think it would save me the hassle of buying a few $20.00 bottles of wine and having to carry them through the check in line (which is what she said we must do) and then paying the corkage fee of $15 per bottle.

Obviously we are not fussy about our wine :)

Just curious - why would you want them to store it? I like mine where I can get at it any time I want, when I want and don't want to have to chase someone down to get it. I know cabins are small but there's always room for wine.

It's really nice having them store it. We also kept some in our cabin, as well. If we were going to dinner from somewhere besides our cabin, we just asked the server to bring our wine to the table, and if we weren't planning on heading back to our cabin after dinner, we just left our wine there to be stored for us.

Archived