Drink Coupons

cjefffg24

Pay the difference using one coupon. If you want better service, give a monetary tip at delivery. The automatic tip is just a few cents because it's based on the difference, not a whole drink price without the coupon. I never had a problem, but service did seem to be better after a tip.

You can use as many as you want, but two coupons will be over any one drink. If you buy one drink use one coupon, but if you buy two drinks then you can use three coupons. Gratuities are included in the coupons. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FWIW I have never had a service problem using the coupons and don't double tip ... Though I do tend to tip at the end of the cruise for people who rocked I.e. piano bar staff etc since after 7 days we tend to know reach other by name and they know what we like to drink without us asking ;)

The coupons really help us budget since we can buy in advance vs getting a huge bar tab at the end and needing to pay it all off at one time (not that our tab is huge compared to some though)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

FWIW I have never had a service problem using the coupons and don't double tip ... Though I do tend to tip at the end of the cruise for people who rocked I.e. piano bar staff etc since after 7 days we tend to know reach other by name and they know what we like to drink without us asking ;)

The coupons really help us budget since we can buy in advance vs getting a huge bar tab at the end and needing to pay it all off at one time (not that our tab is huge compared to some though)

That's why we buy them, they don't really save you money but you can spread your cost over a few months, not one big bill at the end

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We liked them. Just hand 1 over for a beer or drink not over $5.75, no slip to sign or S&S card to hand over. I ordered a double white russian & had to use 2 for that. I handed over with a buck attached. Try to stick to the same bars. They WILL remember you.:D

My last cruise I bought 4 packs of coupons it took till the 3rd day to get mine ! I kept getting the run around ! But I did get them and did not use them all but made a few friends with them! I know I know could have kept or sold on ebay but I was in the moment and gave a few drinks away!! Maybe It will get paid forward at a later time ! Apx 90 days !!!! :) Dont expect it but maybe!!

I didn't have a severe problem. I don't call it DOUBLE TIPPING. The server's tip on the bill amounts to just pennies because the gratuity rate is based on the difference between the $5.75 and total cost of a specific drink. He/she is not going to bend over backwards to keep you in drinks to get $.20 when he/she can get a full tip from someone without a coupon.

Would I use coupons again, yes. But, I think a $.20 tip is kind of low, that's why I tip with cash too.

I didn't have a severe problem. I don't call it DOUBLE TIPPING. The server's tip on the bill amounts to just pennies because the gratuity rate is based on the difference between the $5.75 and total cost of a specific drink. He/she is not going to bend over backwards to keep you in drinks to get $.20 when he/she can get a full tip from someone without a coupon.

Would I use coupons again, yes. But, I think a $.20 tip is kind of low, that's why I tip with cash too.

This is incorrect information. When you use a drink coupon the server receives a full tip for example if I use a drink coupon for a drink that is $5.75 then the server gets an 86 cent tip. Just because the tip is included does not mean that the server does not get a tip.

I have asked several servers and bartenders about this and was informed that they do receive a full tip when a drink coupon is used. Have always received excellent service when using drink coupons also.

This is incorrect information. When you use a drink coupon the server receives a full tip for example if I use a drink coupon for a drink that is $5.75 then the server gets an 86 cent tip. Just because the tip is included does not mean that the server does not get a tip.

I have asked several servers and bartenders about this and was informed that they do receive a full tip when a drink coupon is used. Have always received excellent service when using drink coupons also.

I have also found this to be my experience. and I also asked and was told the same by several servers. More often than not I was never charged the extra on my sail and sign.

cant wait to use them again in a few weeks :D

I'm in no position to disagree. I got slips to sign for the price difference and a tiny tip was on it. Ironically, I just tossed out my slips to cut down my paper clutter so I can't exactly quote.

I'm in no position to disagree. I got slips to sign for the price difference and a tiny tip was on it. Ironically, I just tossed out my slips to cut down my paper clutter so I can't exactly quote.

if you get charged the extra for the drink usually around $1.25 then 15% on the $1.25 will be added to the sail and sign slip.

That is correct - you do have to pay 15% on the price difference, but the waiter also gets the full tip on the $5.75 as well - it is included in the price of the coupon so I guess Carnival eats the 86 cents - but definitely the waiter still gets it.

Archived