scammers calling hotels

tartan cruiser

Just a heads up to cruisers sailing out of Port Canaveral. Just got a call at my hotel saying this was the manager and they had a big system meltdown and lost customer information. Big backlog at front desk and he was contacting guests to get their information and give a 40% discount for the trouble. Wanted name, address, phone # and credit card information. Be careful. Front desk said this is a scam that happens all the time. Gave my name and address before I became suspcious Hope you don't get caught in this scam.

Along the same lines of scams in hotels..... here in the Orlando area there was a rash of credit card fraud going on targeting tourists. They would slide a flyer under the door of Hotel rooms promoting pizza delivery. You call and order the pizza, give the credit card info for payment and you end up with no pizza and a surpize on your next CC statement.

Along the same lines of scams in hotels..... here in the Orlando area there was a rash of credit card fraud going on targeting tourists. They would slide a flyer under the door of Hotel rooms promoting pizza delivery. You call and order the pizza, give the credit card info for payment and you end up with no pizza and a surpize on your next CC statement.

Wow. These criminals are brazen. Though it is highly unlikely I'd pay for a pizza delivery with a credit card. Instead, I'd pay cash upon receipt of the pizza. I'm not too fond of food delivery, but I can appreciate that many people rely on this convenient service.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived