Victoria wildlife tours?

The only attraction that resembles a wildlife tour is the Undersea Gardens it is in the harbour area. There are no four legged wildlife tours that I know of. There are no moose on the Island to see one you have to go to the interior of the province.

Visit the Royal BC Museum and see the Roosevelt elk diorama! They're almost moose-sized but not found on Vancouver Island as far south as Victoria. Undersea Gardens is a good recommendation and is on the inner harbour in the same general area.

The popular wildlife tour in these parts is whale watching, which includes seals, seabirds and California sea-lions. Your chance of seeing an orca on one of these tours is pretty good because the tour operators keep track of their location. Search for "whale watching" on this sub-forum.

We are doing a whale watching tour in Juneau so where hoping to some 4 legged animals on the trip. I saw on one of tourist websites Hippo tours was opening there soon. It is like the Duck tours in Seattle so we might do that. I will look into the Undersea gardens thanks for the suggestion.

Kim

I would think you'd be better off doing that the other way around. Whale watching is pretty solid from Victoria, but to get out into the Wilderness, you're looking at a 20-30 mile drive, whereas from Juneau it would be 5.

Also, Vancouver Island is a somewhat interesting ecosystem, and a few of the large mammals have never made it there (Grizzly bears, Moose to name a couple)

Archived