Ecstasy

GrannyJ

Just got back from an Ecstasy cruise. The food was GREAT (buffet excellent and the "Your-Time Dining" was wonderful - you could eat dinner in the dining room anytime between 5:30 and 9:00), cabin and whole ship was clean, easy to get around, personnel helpful and extremely friendly, service was great. Absolutely LOVED the adults-only deck on the back. Getting on and off was painless (well...getting off was painful but that was only because I didn't want the cruise to end!) But....the entertainment was mediocre and I'm being kind. The comedians were ok, but only ok. However, the two production numbers "The Brits" and "Motor City" were about the quality of high-school productions and I'm probably insulting high school performers by saying that. I haven't been cruising much in the past five years but I remember the production numbers being a lot better than that. Are all the lines cutting down on entertainment quality or is it only Carnival?

I think its mostly Carnival. We went on the Glory, and the entertainment was mediocre at best. We entertained ourselves instead. We actually walked out of a show, (call us prude) but they were wearing thongs that didn't hardly cover ANYTHING! We are young, but honestly I'm good not looking at mostly naked women. I can't even put half naked, because they weren't that clothed. I wouldn't have minded bikini type costumes at all, but when their boobs and butt are falling out of their clothes, and they are nude colored with only sequins, I find that somewhat disturbing. That's just us though, and I know we are in the minority. Most people don't care what they are wearing as long as the bare minimum is concealed.

Hi, glad to hear you had a great time on your cruise. We also loved the Ecstasy, would go again, just wish we had more time to cruise! (and lived closer to ports)!

I do agree with you though, about the shows. I feel the shows aren't exactly top-notch - while some shows are better than others. Also, I've noticed that a show is now not even offered every night - some shows are basically audience-participation such as games, love & marriage, talent shows, etc. This has changed since we first started cruising in 2009.

But, we still love cruising - and I really don't cruise for the shows, and frankly, wouldn't want to attend a show every night anyway. I pick the ones that I think will be the best - based on reviews here.

We still have great times cruising.

Enjoy your next cruise!!

Did the Ectasy for the lunch buffets have any meat carvings, meat entrees with chicken, pork and beef and veggies?

Yes, there was at least one carving at lunch.....beef, ham, or turkey, and always breaded chicken or fish. Veggies were good. Salads were wonderful. There was also a Mongolian bar where you could get various noodles, veggies, etc sauteed with your choice of chicken, pork or calamari and different sauces. Plus there was the deli that was open late and the pizza bar that was open 24 hours. I was really impressed with the quality of the food, but then I'll admit I'm pretty easy to please.

GrannyJ thank you, glad to hear there is a meat carving because I cannot have any gluten that includes anything breaded. Really takes most of the items away from me not much for me to eat if they have burgers, dogs, breaded food, pasta, sandwiches its horrible.

Archived