Embarking

disneynutssss

good. i know the ship sails about 5 but i remember on our disney cruise we had boarded much earlier. thank you.

I'm just wondering. If Disney boarded much earlier, what time did everyone have to disembark from the prior cruise? I've never gone on DCL.

We were on this cruise in Jul 2011. We stayed for a few days prior to the cruise at the New York Hilton (midtown Manhattan). Arranged for a town car to take us to the port and he picked us up at 10. It was pouring rain and it probably took us 30 minutes to get there on a Sunday morning. There was a good bit of traffic both in and out but we dropped our luggage, paid our driver, walked in to check in (we were concierge class on this cruise), received a card with group #1 (you have to ride a bus even though it is only a very short distance), went through the secruity screening and walked on to the bus and to the ship. We were the first ones on - very rare for us and it wasn't quite 11 AM. Wouldn't count on it happening just like this every time but it was very smooth and efficient.

• 2 months later...

Archived