The Brilliant Reflection - A Review of 1-12-2013 Sailing with Photos (Very Long)

librarylady19

Sorry to keep everyone hanging....work calls.

When I last left you, we were enjoying a drink in the Ensemble Lounge, listening to the jazz trio when a Lady Gaga lookalike strolled through the Lounge:confused:

We then heard music coming from the Entertainment Court and went to investigate.

There was an unpublished show underway, featuring a multitude of Lady Gagas and Tron-like male dancers.

P1010444_zps3e89342c.jpg

P1010442_zpsb8132803.jpg

It was very cool...however, and this was a problem at other performances too, there was just not enough room for everyone to see the show. Unless you camped out early in some of the prime seating locations (on Decks 3 and 4) it was difficult to see much of anything or you had an odd view from above. Another example of form over function.

More photos:

P1010442_zpsb8132803.jpg

P1010444_zps3e89342c.jpg

Scott and I then went our separate ways. He to enjoy some "free time" and me to Michaels to attend the Cruise Critic gathering. We had a pretty good showing (I would estimate around 50 in attendance). Celebrity provided pastries and coffee; CD Paul Baya, Hotel Director Sue Richardson and Guest Relations Manager Alex were there. Roll call member Terry Tallent was kind enough to raffle off a number of Celebrity items that his wife had won at trivia and we all had an opportunity to introduce ourselves. Nice to put faces to names!!

0c98a1bc70974a95e367f29938e86baa.jpg

92d59d40fccd929f09073d49c6d4bcd2.jpg

Following the party, we held a cabin crawl that I had organized for the Roll Call. It was very interesting to see a variety of cabin types and configurations, and good exercise too! We visited balcony, concierge and aqua class cabins as well as an aqua suite.

We decided to spend a little time on our lovely balcony and ordered a late lunch from room service as were not so hungry to need a full meal. We ordered some appetizers; the food arrived earlier than scheduled and was very tasty. We also had a salad from the Aqua Spa cafe, which was conveniently only a short trip from our cabin.

Missing photos from CC party!

0c98a1bc70974a95e367f29938e86baa.jpg

92d59d40fccd929f09073d49c6d4bcd2.jpg

Day 7 - At Sea

It was definitely a bit cooler this morning and quite windy, not outside pool weather. We enjoyed our last breakfast at Blu and said goodbye to our wonderful waiters Paola and Mustafa. Our wonderful meals and special treatment at Blu really made this a memorable cruise.

I decided to attend the Galley Tour at 10:00 am, having enjoyed a similar tour on Summit. he tour was well organized. Everyone as given a sticker with a number and directed to sit in the MDR.

Andy, the Food and Beverage manager, talked about the scope of the culinary operations and introduced the chefs of the various restaurants to the appreciative crowd.

Chef German Rijo, head chef, said a few words.

Groups were then called by number for tours of one of the galleys. My group was led by Ante, the Maitre D' from Blu.

It was fascinating to have a glimpse at the efficient facilities and the dedicated, hard-working crew that had fed us so well all week.

Dish washing station:

Dinner prep:

Week of menus:

Reposting photos of Galley Tour:

45974fe9e63be47892711e7624932a35.jpg

38ce27565d640333d7d2df2b51e17a0d.jpg

fcdc614d361247ad462df93a51375935.jpg

fa989448691a6ebc662c69d7244fea9b.jpg

9c22c0bf50ba8a73d85b26356e5981b8.jpg

335e206139577d29403ffabfffa5fc95.jpg

Edited by librarylady19

There were stations set up in the MDR where chefs showcased their vegetable carving and sugar skills.

This was a well nice event. my only puzzling thing was the scheduling. The Star Chefs Competition was at 11:00 am, so it would not have not have possible to fully enjoy both events.

More of the "missing links"

337071df4621e30f87741e42ae766069.jpg

a2fb6dedbb3307a20530b5fe369f6ada.jpg

82278300d47052298fcbc56c1df5c00a.jpg

c8d44ca1eda8d143f4c49897ddfc8967.jpg

Edited by librarylady19

Reposting also....

We wanted to see the Interactive Theme Party - Wonderland that was to be held in the Grand Foyer, Deck 3 at 10:45 p.m. Based on past experiences, we knew we would have to get there early for even a chance at a spot by the railing. Forget about Deck 3....all the comfy chairs in the Passport Bar area were spoken for.

We found a spot on Deck 5 across from the Bistro and chatted with the couple from Winnepeg who had shared our boat tour in St. Maarten. This was their first cruise and they had really enjoyed it!

Eventually, it was show time....it was quite a spectacle, featuring the Celebrity dancers. The theme was very loosed tied to Alice in Wonderland. As you can see from the photos, the costumes were vaguely reminiscent of the story, but the music was contemporary.

The show began with the dancers descending the stairs:

P1010936.jpg

and performing a variety of routines to recorded music.

P1010937.jpg

P1010947.jpg

P1010931.jpg

P1010921.jpg

Edited by librarylady19

Wonderland repost - continued:

Some of the dancers then moved into the elevators and continued the show there!!

P1010984.jpg

P1010982.jpg

These guys really got into the spirit of things!!

P1020006.jpg

P1020005.jpg

P1020004.jpg

The audience was invited out onto the dance floor to join in.

P1020017.jpg

It was an energetic, fun performance. Scott really liked it (judging by the number of photos he took LOL!!) but I thought the Masque Theme Party on Eclipse was better (there was a live band at that event too). Worth watching for sure.

Thank you so much for your review - I have really enjoyed reading even if it took me 3 days!

We are going on the Solstice in early April for 17 days. Can't wait. Blu sounds amazing. I also very much appreciated the daily sheet postings. Looks like there are a few free exercise classes I can take to help offset all the extra food that we will be consuming.

Anne.

Thank you so much for your review - I have really enjoyed reading even if it took me 3 days!

We are going on the Solstice in early April for 17 days. Can't wait. Blu sounds amazing. I also very much appreciated the daily sheet postings. Looks like there are a few free exercise classes I can take to help offset all the extra food that we will be consuming.

Anne.

Lucky you! Enjoy your trip. You can always exercise at the fitness center or walk the decks too...and don't forget, going up and down the stairs is great exercise.

What a fantastic review. I haven't had a chance to read it all, but I've enjoyed the pictures. I'm considering this cruise for our 25th Anniversary. I'm assuming you would recommend it highly?:)

It would be a wonderful cruise, especially to celebrate a special anniversary. I would highly recommend Aqua class.

You will have a wonderfully relaxing and pampered vacation surrounded by elegant decor and beautiful art, enjoying delicious food and excellent service.

It would be a wonderful cruise, especially to celebrate a special anniversary. I would highly recommend Aqua class.

You will have a wonderfully relaxing and pampered vacation surrounded by elegant decor and beautiful art, enjoying delicious food and excellent service.

That's great to hear! We are thinking about an S1 suite on the back corner of the ship. We've never sailed with Celebrity--only Carnival and Princess. However, we're big fans of the giant aft-wrap balconies on Carnival, so the S1 on Celebrity would be the closest. The link you provided to the spreadsheet of rooms is amazing--thanks.

Library Lady 19 for such a great review. We did the 3 night cruise in December and just booked today for April with the same itinerary as you did. We appreciate your tour info and the little extras on the Reflection, especially the Concert on the Lawn. Can't wait to get back on her

Library Lady 19 for such a great review. We did the 3 night cruise in December and just booked today for April with the same itinerary as you did. We appreciate your tour info and the little extras on the Reflection, especially the Concert on the Lawn. Can't wait to get back on her

You are welcome.,,3 days would definitely to be long enough on this ship!

I'm really hoping that Reflection does either some shorter European itineraries or some different Caribbean itineraries next year. We will soon see.

You are welcome.,,3 days would definitely to be long enough on this ship!

I'm really hoping that Reflection does either some shorter European itineraries or some different Caribbean itineraries next year. We will soon see.

I'm hoping the same thing for Reflection in the future. That they'll alternate and do eastern Caribbean one week and western the next. So far it seems they only have her on the eastern route

I'm hoping the same thing for Reflection in the future. That they'll alternate and do eastern Caribbean one week and western the next. So far it seems they only have her on the eastern route

I'd love to see an S class ship sailing out of PR - much prefer the southern Caribbean islands (so many to visit yet) but doubt that will happen. SW starts flying to SJ in April.

Awesome review of the Reflection. We were booked for the March 9 cruise but your review is so thorough that reading it for the last 3-4 days made us felt like were have already been on it. Now we don't have to go so we cancelled our cruise. Thanks for saving us a lot of money.

Just kidding ;)

we are looking forward to our trip

Edited by mac66

Awesome review of the Reflection. We were booked for the March 9 cruise but your review is so thorough that reading it for the last 3-4 days made us felt like were have already been on it. Now we don't have to go so we cancelled our cruise. Thanks for saving us a lot of money.

Just kidding ;)

Hi,

Initially, I really think that you have quit.

We are going on 30 March. Most happy to hear your experience when you are back.

Enjoy your cruise.

Just kidding ;)

Too funny...though you will gain less weight that way,it's nowhere near the fun. Have a great trip.

Sandi,

Great review of Refelction. There are four of us friends sailing on her on April 13th, 3 from the Chicago area and one from Germany.

QUESTSION...without having to go back and read thorugh 26 pages, do you recall the cost of the Molecular drinks? I beleive they were $12 on Solstice a few years ago. Just trying to plan out which beverage package to take. You did mention they were included in the PREMIUM package...was that 100%...or did you still have cover a differece?

Sandi,

Great review of Refelction. There are four of us friends sailing on her on April 13th, 3 from the Chicago area and one from Germany.

QUESTSION...without having to go back and read thorugh 26 pages, do you recall the cost of the Molecular drinks? I beleive they were $12 on Solstice a few years ago. Just trying to plan out which beverage package to take. You did mention they were included in the PREMIUM package...was that 100%...or did you still have cover a differece?

grnidlad8: I would also like to know the answer to that question as we have the Premium Bev Package and would like to enjoy the libations at Molecular. We will also be sailing with you on the April 13th Reflection sailing!

Also, may I please invite you to come and join the Reflection April 13, 2013 Roll Call? You sound like fun and would love to meet you!

JW and Jerome

The drinks are all $12 each (or "free" with the Premium package :)).

Here's a link to my Bars of Reflection album with drink menus:

http://s1080.photobucket.com/albums/j322/librarylady19/Celebrity%20Reflection%201-12-2013/Bars%20of%20Reflection/?start=20&mediafilter=noflash

Wow, Wow, Wow, Library Lady! What a GREAT review. The time you took is unbelievable, and such a generous thing to do for fellow cruisers. Time is one of the things we all lack these days...what a lovely thing to do for others, so they can anticipate the fun ahead, or stroll down memory lane or plan for someday.

You're awesome! :)

Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed and informative review. Your pictures are wonderful. I learned a lot about the new areas thanks to you.

I loved the Solstice except for the small dance area in the forum. So back to Summit for us, we love to dance before dinner.

We too fell in love with the molecular bar.The martini flights were and experience at the martini bar.

I much appreciate all the time you put into the review.

Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed and informative review. Your pictures are wonderful. I learned a lot about the new areas thanks to you.

I loved the Solstice except for the small dance area in the forum. So back to Summit for us, we love to dance before dinner.

We too fell in love with the molecular bar.The martini flights were and experience at the martini bar.

I much appreciate all the time you put into the review.

Thanks so much. I wish they would put a molecular bar on the M class ships too. I understand how you feel about the dance area, or lack thereof. We are not dancers but could certainly understand that it would be a big negative in the S class ships if you really liked dancing.