Wonderful Copenhagen

We got our cards from http://www.copenhagencard.com/?ld=0&currency=eur and had them mailed to our home...which is a bit pricey ...additional 8 euro.. But worth it to us not to have to hassle with it. Be sure to use a credit card that doesn't charge an intl exchange fee because the charge is indeed in euros.

I bought mine from here too. I also chose to buy in DKK as the exchange rate was better than with the Euro by just a couple of bucks. So double check before you pick your currency option. :)

Hi:

I did look through the thread and I didn't see my question...

My question has to do with currency.

When we land at the Copenhagen airport and I want to take the train to get to my downtown hotel, can I use either euros or US $ to buy a train ticket?

Thank you,

Wendy

Are you sure,

The ticket office don´t accept euro´s (and perhaps dollars). ?

I work in a shop and we are not located in a tourist area and we accept both Euro, Dollars, the other scandinavian currencies and pound Sterling so if the airport station doesn´t accept these currencies it would be wierd.

My local station (with a 7-eleven ticket kiosk) does accept euro´s.

Edited by Danish viking

I know that the S-train ticket kiosks has been outsourced (to 7-eleven) but its wierd that DSB can't offer the same product at their own ticket offices and to make it worse at the airport :confused:

But luckily there are plenty of atm's or currency exchange offices at the airport to get some danish moneys.

If any of you had a hotel room in Copenhagen yesterday you where in luck.

Because of Bruce Springsteen, A congress and the Eurovision Song Contest in Malmö all 17.000 hotel rooms where fully booked for the first time in a very long time (perhaps since COP15 in 2009).

Thanks a bunch. I did not realize that was a street name. I thought it was something else, as I search everything but a map site trying to determine which quay this was.

If you are still looking for quay C245 which is the same quay as the MSC Poesia docks, click this: http://www1.cmport.com/maps/copenhagen

then click on Copenhagen map (large pdf) click here button, then enlarge to 200%, you will see the number 245 between the word Stubkaj & Sundkaj.

Hi Danish,

We have a group of 8 and was wondering if you have suggestions about booking a taxi van to take us to the airport from the cruise dock. Also, how much do we expected to pay for the fare?

Where can we book in advance?

Also, can we take bus, train, or metro to the airport from the dock?

Thanks.

Tony

A taxi will be 400-500 DKK and train only 36 DKK.

If your ship are docked Monday to Friday you can take bus 26 from Stubbeløbsgade just outside the new main gate.

From here you can either get off at Østerport and take the airport train.

Or continue to Kongens Nytorv where you can use Metro line M2 to the airport (Lufthavnen).

If its a weekend or public holiday the bus doesn´t run but then you can walk to Nordhavn station.

From here you take any southbound S-train and get of in either Østerport, Nørreport (also metro line m2) or København (Central Station) where you can take the airport train.

http://maps.google.dk/maps?saddr=Orientkaj,+K%C3%B8benhavn&daddr=Nordhavn+st,+K%C3%B8benhavn&hl=da&ie=UTF8&sll=55.284908,11.710779&sspn=1.905154,4.938354&geocode=FX8SUgMdSEPAACkdaQn26lJSRjFoIC8HvzE4tA%3BFRAAUgMdFR7AACkNFsfZ7lJSRjGbh0DwCZFRdw&oq=nordhavn&t=h&dirflg=w&mra=ls&z=16

Taxi information is on the first page but generally its not necessary to prebook a taxi and its also more expensive to prebook.

Here you Can book for 8: http://www.taxa.dk/En/HowToOrder.aspx

I click the for English tab, however, when I click on how to order then is in Danish so I don't know what to put in for the order.

Tilmeld dig nyheder

Jeg vil gerne modtage information fra

TAXA 4x35 om TAXAs produkter

via e-mail (og evt. SMS).

Du kan til enhver tid framelde dig.

Edited by cruise_alot123

We just got back and everything went pretty smoothly thanks to advice from Danish Viking. Thank you. It helped that we got our Copenhagen cards in the mail so just had to write the time and date on them and get on the train at the airport. Also helped to be able to use them for transportation before the cruise and to get into sights. The evening before we had some time so did a ride on the bus out to the port to make sure we knew where we were going the next day. Of course when we got back from the cruise they had closed the entrance we had used before so had to leave a different way. I knew they were doing this but we had some trouble finding the bus stop. I guess we had to turn right out of the pier gate but turned left. The instructions posted for pedestrians didn't really help as far as finding the 26 bus stop. We had to walk a long way before finally finding a stop.

Also, luckily we had enough DKK left over to buy our return bus tickets. We had kind of forgotten about that since we had been using the Copenhagen card while we were in town.

We just got back and everything went pretty smoothly thanks to advice from Danish Viking. Thank you. It helped that we got our Copenhagen cards in the mail so just had to write the time and date on them and get on the train at the airport. Also helped to be able to use them for transportation before the cruise and to get into sights. The evening before we had some time so did a ride on the bus out to the port to make sure we knew where we were going the next day. Of course when we got back from the cruise they had closed the entrance we had used before so had to leave a different way. I knew they were doing this but we had some trouble finding the bus stop. I guess we had to turn right out of the pier gate but turned left. The instructions posted for pedestrians didn't really help as far as finding the 26 bus stop. We had to walk a long way before finally finding a stop.

Also, luckily we had enough DKK left over to buy our return bus tickets. We had kind of forgotten about that since we had been using the Copenhagen card while we were in town.

Thanks so much for sharing your experience! We are leaving on our cruise May 27th on the Brilliance. Was wondering as you exit the port at Langeline, do you turn right out of the port to catch bus 26? Greatly appreciate your input. Thanks again!

Dolfans from Miami

Thanks so much for sharing your experience! We are leaving on our cruise May 27th on the Brilliance. Was wondering as you exit the port at Langeline, do you turn right out of the port to catch bus 26? Greatly appreciate your input. Thanks again!

Dolfans from Miami

I was assuming he meant the Freeport Terminal, not Langeline, because the entrance was just moved and Danish Viking told us which bus stop to use. It is indeed suppose to be left after exiting the gates. It sounds like what Lost in Translation found was the next bus stop to the right "Skudehavnsvej".

Lost in translation, Could the bus stop have been there but without a kiosk at Stuppelobsgade? I think when I went on Google street view , I saw a pole, but now am not sure.

I was assuming he meant the Freeport Terminal, not Langeline, because the entrance was just moved and Danish Viking told us which bus stop to use. It is indeed suppose to be left after exiting the gates. It sounds like what Lost in Translation found was the next bus stop to the right "Skudehavnsvej".

Lost in translation, Could the bus stop have been there but without a kiosk at Stuppelobsgade? I think when I went on Google street view , I saw a pole, but now am not sure.

When we exited the port we crossed that street and walked to the left. It was a while before we found what we thought was a bus stop. However, the next bus that came was in the left lane and just kept going. We saw the bus turn left at the next corner so we kept going and found another bus stop there (a covered one) and caught the bus there. I don't know the name of it. I'm assuming the stop Danish Viking is referring to was to the right since that one we ended up going to seemed really far away. Sorry to make things more confusing. When you go to the ship get off where DV tells you to and you should know how to get back there after the cruise. For us this changed during the cruise.

There is no bus Shelter at Stubbeløbsgade Busstop, just a pole with a yellow sign on the top.

The direction of the bus should read Ålholms plads.

Maybe that's where we were the first time and the bus didn't stop. We figured maybe they only stop if there is a shelter. I was standing there waving a 50 and he just went right by.