Whats the best advice you would give a cruiser?

vols_159

Don't worry about what others think - it's your vacation, enjoy yourself, and remember if you forgot something you can buy it cheap in a port! (Unless you go to Bermuda)

One trick we always use is to partially tip the cabin steward the first day and make certain they understand your special requests. . . . . . we want fresh ice every day at 1:00 pm! Early gratuity usually has it delivered with a smile and we have fresh drinks all afternoon.

Always bring more prescription meds than you will need......maybe an extra three days worth. Ya just never know!!!! ;)

DITTO THIS! If you get stuck out at sea for an emergency or weather, you don't want to run out. Also, carry things like glasses and meds...things that are specific and cannot easily be replaced on site...in your carry on. Never let the baggage handlers (on the airlines or the cruise lines) take them, because if the bag gets lost, you are out of luck and scrambling for a local pharmacy before you sail.

DML

I always bring a collapsible laundry hamper and a collapsible hanging shoe rack. That way you save space on the floor of the closet and can keep things like notepads, toiletries and camera handy and off of the desk! Dollar store is a handy place to pick those up. They don’t take up lots of space in luggage and you can pitch them before you leave.

1. Bring an extension cord-not enough outlets in the cabin

2. Bring duct tape

3. Bring a pound of your favorite coffee. Use the coffee maker in your cabin. If you don't have one, ask your steward for one. Coffee from the buffet may not be to your liking and coffee from the coffee bar may get too expensive.

4. Attend your cc meet and greet. Get the business card from your hotel director.

5. If you have a problem with your cabin, complain directly to the hotel director. Bypass the front desk. Nothing gets done with them.

6. Bring a night lite and flash lite.

7. Being plenty of dollar bills. Use them to tip the dock's porters who bring your bags to the ship and your cabin steward.

8. Make friends with your cabin steward.

9. Bring a carefree, non judgemental attitude. There will be fellow cruisers who may do things that may upset you. Don't let that ruin your cruise.

10. Question your fellow cc members at the meet and greet about what shore excursions to take.

11. Bring an insulated coffee mug. You may want to take coffee from the buffet.

12. Bring several empty water bottles to bring water on your excursions.

#1, #6 (flashlight), #9, and #12 are excellent. Especially in Rome, the water was very drinkable. Water on the Epic was good. We constantly filled our bottles before excursions.

I also bring lots of OTC medicine. I usually have enough to tide us over. On our last cruise, I had a cold and needed more Sudafed. I took the packaging with me to a French pharmacy and they were able to get me some more. The dosage is different, so they cautioned me about this.

Archived