Disabled access to tenders on Spirit

SSNORWAY

Hi

I was on the legend a few years ago and noticed that the access to the tenders would be a nightmare for anyone who struggled to walk. Afterwards someone said that there was an elevator that went down from the show lounge to the marina that gave access to the tenders.

I want to go on the Sprit with my father and I know the stairs we had to use on the legend would be a nightmare for him.

My question is: As the Spirit is not identical to the Legend - being a few years older - does anyone have first hand knowledge of whether the rear elevator exists on the Spirit? and is it available for wheelchair / limited ability passengers? (I have looked at deck plans and they do not show the elevator that is there on the Legend - even on Legend plans!)

I would appreciate people with actual knowledge responding please as it is important and I could easily speculate about it myself having been on the Legend recently (I hope that doesn't sound rude!)

My father never needs a wheelchair at home but does use a stick / crutches and I think we would benefit from taking a wheelchair with us, so I would be carrying it aboard the tender even if he wasn't in it.

He would be absolutely fine getting in the tender, it's just whether he would get easily to the tender station or not... Apologies for my long-winded question!

Mark :)

Thanks Dan

Believe it or not I spoke to Seabourn in the UK this morning directly before posting this as I had noticed something on line about it recently. The lady I spoke to knew nothing about it and spoke to her supervisor who said they had not had any briefings.

Worse still they do not have comprehensive deck plans and she was totally unaware of the elevator that goes down from the show lounge! My question to her was to see if the Spirit had the same elevator but she didn't even know there was one on the Legend.

Looks like we will have to have a re-think.

Regards

Mark

There has never been any public elevator leading down to the marina on any of the old triplets.

There is a crew service elevator leading down to the Provisions area, which in the past (prior to Stricter Public Health regulations) was used.

Archived