Thoughts on Southern Carribean

MWGD87

Looking at Southern Carribean cruise out of San Juan for June. My DH and I are very active and love beaches and water sports. We are from the south so we are used to hot humid summer days.

Would love to hear from others who have taken this cruise.

The southern Caribbean is the best. The islands are beautiful and tend to be a little less crowed as the eastern and western islands as there are not as many ships sailing down there. I can't say enough about the southern routes. They are absolutely worth the effort, and usually extra cost, of flying down to San Juan. We have done several cruises from there. The only thing that has us leaving from Ft. Lauderdale is that we also really like Oasis and I'm also a big fan of 8 night itineraries like what Independence is doing.

We like the Aruba and Curacao itinerary because it has one more sea day. Not that the other itinerary isn't as interesting, it's just that it only has one sea day and with 5 ports, it seems the cruise goes by very quickly.

I think the southern caribbean itineraries are the best and especially from San Juan. Flying into San Juan and starting off your cruise already in the carribean just puts a nice start to your vacation.

Our favorite southern caribbean islands are St. Lucia, Barbados, Dominica, Antigua and St. Vincent. Of course this is just our opinion.

You can't go wrong with a southern caribbean itinerary. :)

there is a respositioning on the Enchantment leaving from Baltimore in April and ending up in Port Canaveral. This is a 12 nighter, Aruba, Curacel, St. Martin, St. Kitts, 3 or 4 or 5 sea days, don't remember. very active cc board, it leave April 13.

Not too often you get this deep in the Southern Caribbean from Baltimore.

Final payment due next week so you never know, prices may drop again.

K

I can't see ever going back to the eastern or western routes. There are SO many islands in the southern Caribbean, you can cruise over and over and still be hitting NEW ones. And the island have so much more VARIETY - from rain forests to volcanoes, from black sand beaches to clothing-optional beaches, from natural hot springs to icy cold gorges...there's so much to see and do!!

I wouldn't think twice about booking a cruise to the Southern Caribbean... by far our favorite itineraries.

We have not cruised on Jewel but were on Serenade last year. Smaller ship, doesn't have the Promenade or any of that, but we didn't have time for all of that anyway.

The route we chose stopped at St. Maarten, Barbados, Dominica, St. Kitts, and Tortola. VERY port intensive, but these islands were so beautiful.

I would go again in a heartbeat.

Enjoy!

Ann

Love the Southern Caribbean, especially Barbados and Aruba!! Think about doing a back to back to make the best use of the airfare to SJ.

A B2B is a great idea for the Southern Caribbean. I wish we had done that actually. There's more diversity among the S. Caribbean islands, so there's something for everyone. I have photo reviews of two of our S. Caribbean cruises, the links are in my signature.

Archived