Does RCI still use Scratch Academy DJs?

in particular on the explorer? on my first trip we were subjected to the resident who i wouldnt exactly describe as good. took another trip on the explorer in 2011, same dj was there but a few nights there was a guest dj from scratch academy that made the night a lot of fun. anyone on a recent trip notice if they still do this at the chamber?

-Roger

in particular on the explorer? on my first trip we were subjected to the resident who i wouldnt exactly describe as good. took another trip on the explorer in 2011, same dj was there but a few nights there was a guest dj from scratch academy that made the night a lot of fun. anyone on a recent trip notice if they still do this at the chamber?

-Roger

On the Allure last week, the DJ was Roli Rho from the Scratch DJ Academy.

Our last cruise on Oasis (May '12) the scratch DJ was horrendous. The resident was far superior. On the two other cruises where I specifically remember the scratch DJ academy DJ (Oasis Nov '11 and Liberty June '07) the scratch DJ was excellent.

I don't care for the idea of DJ's on ships although it seems to be a trend. Give me the steel pan band anytime!

Well actually I'm with you there too, but there are other musicians on board too. Just gotta find the venue that suits you best. I didn't even go to the club last time, and doubt I will this time either. The clubs always seem dead except on the first few nights. Looking forward to the jazz club though for the Prohibition party. :)

Well actually I'm with you there too, but there are other musicians on board too. Just gotta find the venue that suits you best. I didn't even go to the club last time, and doubt I will this time either. The clubs always seem dead except on the first few nights. Looking forward to the jazz club though for the Prohibition party. :)

I suspect using DJ's is mostly a cost cutting measure. Its cheaper to use one guy with an iPod and soundboard instead of a full band.

Sadly, they used a DJ for our sailaway on the Oasis in November. I was very disappointed.

Yes , they still use them, although only God knows why. Sure a couple are capable of mixing some tracks, but most of them play for themselves rather than for the crowd. And Yes I do know what I an talking about, having been in the club industry for many years.

I suspect using DJ's is mostly a cost cutting measure. Its cheaper to use one guy with an iPod and soundboard instead of a full band.

Sadly, they used a DJ for our sailaway on the Oasis in November. I was very disappointed.

Really? Wow. That would disappoint me as well.

I don't care for the idea of DJ's on ships although it seems to be a trend. Give me the steel pan band anytime!

There's a time and a place for everything. A steel pan band would be nice by the pool but not in the disco. There was a scratch academy DJ on the Freedom and he was great! On my most recent cruise on the Vision there was a guy pretending to be a DJ that had no clue.:eek:

There's a time and a place for everything. A steel pan band would be nice by the pool but not in the disco. There was a scratch academy DJ on the Freedom and he was great! On my most recent cruise on the Vision there was a guy pretending to be a DJ that had no clue.:eek:

I agree with your comments about the disco. I was referring to sailaway up on deck. To me that event calls for a band, not the DJ

Archived