Formal night outfit redos???

I HATE dressing up for dinner...absolutely hate it!!!! I would gladly not eat in the MDR for dinner but DH absolutely has to have all the food there...my question is this, is it super tacky to just rewear the same outfits to dinner? I literally own ONE dress....and a nice pair of black dress pants. Tacky to just bring those, wear the dress once and the pants with a couple different tops??? After our last Disney cruise where we brought our girls, we packed WAY too much in the way of clothes and brought 3 suitcases...trying to keep it at 2 for all 4 of us and all those extra 'fancy' clothes are just gonna get in my way!!! haha

Thoughts???? And yes, I know NO ONE will care what I am wearing....lol

I usually pack so that I can re-wear things. I also only take one pair of dress shoes, a nice pair of black heels or strappy, heeled sandals. I'm a light packer. Dress clothes that will only be worn for dinner could easily be cut down and accessories can really change the look. A simple black dress can be worn several ways. With a buttoned up sweater and belt, with a scarf, etc. Jewelery can really change the look as well.

I love to look on Pinterest or google for 10 piece challenges (or something similar) where they take 10 pieces and make as many different outfits as they can.

Certainly the black slacks can be reworn with different tops.

A simple black dress can be worn several ways. With a buttoned up sweater and belt, with a scarf, etc. Jewelery can really change the look as well.

I never even really thought of this...scarves or diff. jewelry pieces...

See?? Glad I asked. ;)

I HATE dressing up for dinner...absolutely hate it!!!! I would gladly not eat in the MDR for dinner but DH absolutely has to have all the food there...my question is this, is it super tacky to just rewear the same outfits to dinner? I literally own ONE dress....and a nice pair of black dress pants. Tacky to just bring those, wear the dress once and the pants with a couple different tops??? After our last Disney cruise where we brought our girls, we packed WAY too much in the way of clothes and brought 3 suitcases...trying to keep it at 2 for all 4 of us and all those extra 'fancy' clothes are just gonna get in my way!!! haha

I used to bring two floor length ball gowns.

last cruise.. one pair of Palazzo pants and 2 dressy toppers.. one red velvet jacket and one velvet twinset in burgundy. way less in the suitcase.

Next cruise I plan on having one black tank dress(floor length but it is a knit, not a formal gown by any stretch) and will be bringing a variety of cover ups.. I have an antique lace shawl and another lovely crocheted one my MiL gave me

My husband wears the exact same outfit both days.. his Dinner Mess Dress uniform.

hey, if guys can wear the same tux both nights, then we can wear the same dress both nights.

Of how tacky I actually look to others!!! haha :D

Okay. For me, I would find that extremely tacky and would not do it. For you, I'm not going to notice one bit what you are wearing unless its a full skirt princess ballgown on one end of the spectrum or cutoff jean shorts and a tank top on the other.

The idea of formal night is to feel good about looking good in what you're wearing. If you're comfortable in your own clothes and like the way you look, that's all that matters. (No, this is not a contradiction. The idiot in the MDR wearing the cut offs and tank top on formal night knows he/she looks like a schmuck.)

It is absolutely ok. I usually bring 2 different pairs of dressy slacks with various tops and one nice dress for dinner. I wear the dress one formal night and black pants with a dressy top the other. Then switch up tops and slacks on other nights. Change a piece or two and you will be fine.

Woman are always over-thinking this.

A lot of men use one suit. Good for cruises, weddings and funerals. If we had more than one suit we wouldn't remember which one we wore last anyway. There is the occasional guy that actually owns two shirts for his suit. I guess one for summer and one winter. This suit can last us for years or until it shrinks too much.

It's your vacation keep it simple.

I pack one pair of black slacks with a few different tops and ONE dress. IF we go to both formal nights, we just don't get pictures at both ;) ... other than that, nobody but you really cares one way or the other

Woman are always over-thinking this.

A lot of men use one suit. Good for cruises, weddings and funerals. If we had more than one suit we wouldn't remember which one we wore last anyway. There is the occasional guy that actually owns two shirts for his suit. I guess one for summer and one winter. This suit can last us for years or until it shrinks too much.

It's your vacation keep it simple.

Overthinker AND Overpacker! lol...and let's be honest, I swear formal night is to punish people. hahaha....to my hubby, a suit and tie is like a noose...but darn if he doesn't love that lobster so much! :D

I prefer dressy casual. I really can't tell you what anyone else was wearing on any of our cruises, except for the ones that looked nice but not really dressy and I remember thinking how nice they looked and how I wish I hadn't dressed up so much. The shoes are always uncomfortable anyway. (my favorite comfy pair of dressy shoes are worn out:p) You will look fine. I have a few dresses but prefer dress pants for comfort.

One pair of dress slacks for me and two different "fancy" tops w/one pair of strappy (but no heels) sandals. I used to pack one black suit and one white dress shirt w/two different ties for him . . . DONE!

The days of packing all those floor length dresses and matching accessories and long long gone for me. I know that shorter cocktail dresses are "in" now, but they really need heels to look good and since I can no longer wear anything higher than about a 1" heel or wedge, the dressy pant thing has to work for me.

Unless you're dragging out your pink pouffy high school prom dress no one will notice what you're wearing!

I was worried 2 cruises ago because my feet swelled so bad there was no way those sausages were fitting in the strappy wedge sandals I brought and I sported my crocs flip flops "formal night"... No one noticed, no one cared and I was able to somewhat walk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

...dressing up for dinner...absolutely hate it!!!! I would gladly not eat in the MDR for dinner but DH absolutely has to have all the food there...

But you do care because you want your family to be proud of you and you do want to look nice in public. I get where you are going.

Yes you can wear the same couple of outfits by mixing and matching with different tops and jewelry.

For formal nights I pack one long black skirt and the number of fancy tops for the number of formal nights. I haven't been kicked off a ship yet. :) And with a long skirt I can wear flat shoes and be comfortable, not to mention safer!

Archived