Enchantment of the Seas Cat F Rm 3116 Handicap?

brwnIgir1

I wondered if anyone knows if the rooms 3116, 3114, 3112 (and other category F rooms) have been redone to be handicap rooms? Maybe it happened during the updating of the ship?

The description for Outside Category F says "wider entry door, turning spaces, sitting area with lowered vanity, closet rods and private bathroom with a wider door, roll-in shower, grab bars, fold-down shower shower bench, hand-held shower head, raised toilet, and a lowered sink." I don't recall it saying that when I booked a long time ago, but it says it now.

We called RC and the TA and they both say the rooms are not handicap. The description sure sounds like it even if they are not marked assessible.

I don't want to take a room that someone else might need. Also, I don't want to sound like a bad person but I honestly would rather not have a room with a raised toilet and a lowered sink, not until I need those things.

Does anyone know - especially if you stayed in one recently (since the EOS was refurbished)?

I wondered if anyone knows if the rooms 3116, 3114, 3112 (and other category F rooms) have been redone to be handicap rooms? Maybe it happened during the updating of the ship?

The description for Outside Category F says "wider entry door, turning spaces, sitting area with lowered vanity, closet rods and private bathroom with a wider door, roll-in shower, grab bars, fold-down shower shower bench, hand-held shower head, raised toilet, and a lowered sink." I don't recall it saying that when I booked a long time ago, but it says it now.

We called RC and the TA and they both say the rooms are not handicap. The description sure sounds like it even if they are not marked assessible.

I don't want to take a room that someone else might need. Also, I don't want to sound like a bad person but I honestly would rather not have a room with a raised toilet and a lowered sink, not until I need those things.

Does anyone know - especially if you stayed in one recently (since the EOS was refurbished)?

Sounds like cat. AY to me-I guess they are still updating the legends when they changed things up during refurb.

Have recently stayed in an inside HC Assessible cabin ( yes I'm disabled ) on deck 3 of the Enchantment. I can confirm that OV 3116 is NOT an HC Accessible Cabin. The only OV HC Accessible Cabins on deck 3 of the Enchantment at 3618 and 3622.

3116 is a standard OV with a 3rd and 4th pullman . It clearly states that on the Deck plans.

Have recently stayed in an inside HC Assessible cabin ( yes I'm disabled ) on deck 3 of the Enchantment. I can confirm that OV 3116 is NOT an HC Accessible Cabin. The only OV HC Accessible Cabins on deck 3 of the Enchantment at 3618 and 3622.

3116 is a standard OV with a 3rd and 4th pullman . It clearly states that on the Deck plans.

The deckplans for April 13, 2013 through April 28, 2014 clearly show that cabin in the same color as the accessible cabin in that category because there is an error on the deckplans.:rolleyes:

To the OP, look at the two different deckplans that are there, you have found a problem that the cruiseline needs to fix. They mistakenly have the F cabins labeled the wrong color.

The deckplans for April 13, 2013 through April 28, 2014 clearly show that cabin in the same color as the accessible cabin in that category because there is an error on the deckplans.:rolleyes:

To the OP, look at the two different deckplans that are there, you have found a problem that the cruiseline needs to fix. They mistakenly have the F cabins labeled the wrong color.

FYI Deck 3 Enchantment OV HC Accessible are catagory F rooms though they are accessibled cabins. Also there is no glitch regarding the April 13, 2013 through April 2014 as under the USA Federal Law that went into effect 1/1/2012 RCCL has to now also show the true catagory relative to the standard cabin as cruiselines can no longer charge more for an HC Accessible cabin relative to the standard cabin equivilant. Furthermore the HC cabins are clearly marked with the universal HC insignia on the deck plans and 3116 does not has that distinction. Therefore the deck plan is very clear . Here's the listing of all Enchantment HC Cabins. http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/ports/accessibilityFeatures.do? pagename=accessible_staterooms_popup_EN

FYI Deck 3 Enchantment OV HC Accessible are catagory F rooms though they are accessibled cabins. Also there is no glitch regarding the April 13, 2013 through April 2014 as under the USA Federal Law that went into effect 1/1/2012 RCCL has to now also show the true catagory relative to the standard cabin as cruiselines can no longer charge more for an HC Accessible cabin relative to the standard cabin equivilant. Also the HC cabins are clearly makred with the universal hC sign on the deck plans and 3116 does not has that distinction so the deck plan is very clear Here's the listing of all Enchantment HC Cabins. http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/ports/accessibilityFeatures.do? pagename=accessible_staterooms_popup_EN

Look at the deckplans, they are all listed as purple and there is no defined purple. There is an issue with the deckplans. They are clearly purple.

Look at the deckplans, they are all listed as purple and there is no defined purple. There is an issue with the deckplans. They are clearly purple.

Not certain what you're looking at as Enchantment OV 3116 is not purple on either of the deck plans posted on RCCL's website nor does is it noted with an HC Insignia. So I repeat 3116 on the Enchanment is very clearly marked to be a standard non-hc cabin

Check for yourself

Plans 26-Jan-2013 through 01-Apr-2013 show 3116 as dark grey with no HC insignia not purple. http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/ships/ship/decks/deck/home.do?deckCode=AD&shipCode=EN&shipProfile=1508&sailDate=1130413&hasNavigation=false

Plans 13 -Apr -2013 through 28-Apr-2013 show 3116 as dark grey with no HC insignia and not purple http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/ships/ship/decks/deck/home.do?deckCode=AD&shipCode=EN&shipProfile=1508&sailDate=1130413&hasNavigation=false

What part of this is unclear to you ?

FYI Deck 3 Enchantment OV HC Accessible are catagory F rooms though they are accessibled cabins. Also there is no glitch regarding the April 13, 2013 through April 2014 as under the USA Federal Law that went into effect 1/1/2012 RCCL has to now also show the true catagory relative to the standard cabin as cruiselines can no longer charge more for an HC Accessible cabin relative to the standard cabin equivilant. Furthermore the HC cabins are clearly marked with the universal HC insignia on the deck plans and 3116 does not has that distinction. Therefore the deck plan is very clear . Here's the listing of all Enchantment HC Cabins. http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/ports/accessibilityFeatures.do? pagename=accessible_staterooms_popup_EN

To respond to the additional edits to the edited, edited post, just because you think the deckplans are clear, doesn't mean the OP does.

There is clearly an issue with the deckplans which you can see if you look at the two different versions. The deckplans have the handicap F cabins in purple on the early plan and all the F cabins purple in the newer plans yet neither has purple defined in the legend on the side. That confused the OP, thus the question. Very clear to see on the two sets of deckplans why the OP would have a question.

To respond to the additional edits to the edited, edited post, just because you think the deckplans are clear, doesn't mean the OP does.

There is clearly an issue with the deckplans which you can see if you look at the two different versions. The deckplans have the handicap F cabins in purple on the early plan and all the F cabins purple in the newer plans yet neither has purple defined in the legend on the side. That confused the OP, thus the question. Very clear to see on the two sets of deckplans why the OP would have a question.

Regardless of the legend being correct of not ALL HC Cabins are clearly marked with a the Universal HC insignia on the deck plans. Cabin 3116 does not have the insignia. Therefore it's not an HC cabin.

Thanks everyone for trying to help.

When I booked, I don't remember it being listed as Accessible Outside Stateroom, but maybe it did. I don't remember looking at Royal Caribbean's website which has it clearly marked now. I looked at a different travel booking website for available rooms back months ago when I booked. Those other websites still only mention the HC Accessible options in the description that I copied on the OP. They do not have it marked as Accessible Outside Stateroom like RC.

Anyway I am willing to change rooms to free it up for someone who needs it but RC and my TA both say it is not HC Accessible. I am going to give them a call again.

I called RC again and explained they needed to check on the information on their website. I went in and started a reservation for a different date and the room next to the one I have booked was available (3114). On the Royal Caribbean website, when I select that room (Cat F says Accessible Outside Stateroom), it lists the room as Accessible Outside. I don't think she can see what I'm looking at and maybe it is really a problem on their website.

When talking to the RC agent, I specifically asked about room 3116, 3114 and room 3078. She said they are not Handicap rooms. When I explained the website says they are Accessible rooms, she told me that HC rooms are always by the elevator. When I pointed out 3114 was by the elevator, she told me that some people without a disability like rooms by the elevator. I don't think she can see what I'm looking at and maybe it is really a problem on their website.

I hope no one with a real need for the accommodations book a Category F based on Royal Caribbean's website. Hopefully, if it really is wrong, they will correct it soon.

I called RC again and explained they needed to check on the information on their website. I went in and started a reservation for a different date and the room next to the one I have booked was available (3114). On the Royal Caribbean website, when I select that room (Cat F says Accessible Outside Stateroom), it lists the room as Accessible Outside. I don't think she can see what I'm looking at and maybe it is really a problem on their website.

When talking to the RC agent, I specifically asked about room 3116, 3114 and room 3078. She said they are not Handicap rooms. When I explained the website says they are Accessible rooms, she told me that HC rooms are always by the elevator. When I pointed out 3114 was by the elevator, she told me that some people without a disability like rooms by the elevator. I don't think she can see what I'm looking at and maybe it is really a problem on their website.

I hope no one with a real need for the accommodations book a Category F based on Royal Caribbean's website. Hopefully, if it really is wrong, they will correct it soon.

I just went through a dummy booking and see exactly what you are talking about. There is a major issue with that category, all those cabins are not accessible. If you are C&A, I would suggest calling that department and explain it to them. You can usually find someone that will listen and call up the website and do exactly what you are doing. The other option is to call the number for problems with the website. Good luck.:)

Ihe other option is to call the number for problems with the website. Good luck.:)
Last week, after calling again with no success on the agent understanding what I was looking at, I sent an email with a copy of the screen. I haven't heard back and I just checked by doing another dummy reservation for November 2013. I has not changed. Category F is listed as an Accessible Outside Stateroom. I guess all I can do is hope someone who needs the Accessible room verifies with RC upon booking and they tell them the room is not Accessible.

BrwnIgir1

As was previously stated in post #3 of this thread, I recently was on the Enchantment of the Sea and room # 3116 is NOT an accessible cabin. I'm not just quoting what the deck plans state rather speaking from the perspective of someone who is disabled that has actually occupied HC cabins on the Enchantment.

The only accessible cabins on deck 3 are as follows :

3118 Oceanview

3119 Inside

3121 Inside

3122 Oceanview

Also in your original post you even stated " We called RC and the TA and they both say the rooms are not handicap" . Just focus on enjoying your cruise as you will not be moved as 3116 is most definitely not an HC cabin. Really your stressing over something that's never going to happen.

Last week, after calling again with no success on the agent understanding what I was looking at, I sent an email with a copy of the screen. I haven't heard back and I just checked by doing another dummy reservation for November 2013. I has not changed. Category F is listed as an Accessible Outside Stateroom. I guess all I can do is hope someone who needs the Accessible room verifies with RC upon booking and they tell them the room is not Accessible.

That is too bad that they haven't gotten back to you. They really need to fix that before it becomes an issue.

BrwnIgir1 Just focus on enjoying your cruise as you will not be moved as 3116 is most definitely not an HC cabin. Really your stressing over something that's never going to happen.

This is great advice and I think I will follow it!:)

Archived