choice air vs airline

nikel

I know this has been probably asked many times before, but is there an advantage to booking choice air rather than directly with the airline. At this point the price difference is only $23.00 pp.

Thanks

I know this has been probably asked many times before, but is there an advantage to booking choice air rather than directly with the airline. At this point the price difference is only $23.00 pp.

Thanks

Hi there! Enjoyed meeting you on Silhouette.

Ok, if the price differance is that low, book directly with the airline no question.

Some Airlines will allow you to talk to them directly if booked through an agent (in this case Celebrity) and others will not. I know SWISS will, but I have heard some others will not.

So if you saw $23 on the ground you would just walk on by??? Not me!!

We saved $50 pp going thru choice air--so $100 in out pockets!! Our TA booked it viaChoice air--and at least for us its no different as if I had booked my tickets on Delta myself! I can still log on to Delta and pick my seats (and change them) even though the reservation was made via choice air!! And just a few days ago, there was a slight timing change for my flights and Delta contacted us. So the only difference for us---saved $100!!!

What we did was tell our TA the flights we were interested in...and she relayed that on to Choice air. Not sure if it always works like that

Thanks

If your flight is delayed and you miss the ship's sailing and you booked directly with the airline, you will have to get to the ships next port on your own. :(

If your flight is delayed and you miss the ship's sailing and you booked directly with the airline, you will have to get to the ships next port on your own. :(

That is my main concern. ...delay. Actually the flight that choice is using is the exact same one as Swiss, but they are the $23. More pp. As far as I am concerned, if choice guarantee you get to the ship then choice guarantee is worth the money since we are going in the same day as boarding but we have an overnight on the ship so I Am willing to chance it. it is a return ticket not one way.

JADE,, nice meeting you too and hope we do again somewhere along the way

We booked our flight with choice air and the airline canceled one of the stops we had. It took some time but eventually, choice air was the way to go as they got us rebooked and rerouted to our final destination at no cost to us. The only frustration we had, is that we had to go thru Captains Club to get choice air to respond. When we called Captains Club, they could see that we indeed had tried on 3 occasions to get choice air to respond. In the end we were satisfied. Remember to check your Airline Iteneray occasionally for any unforseen changes.

This past fall we had our first experience with Choice Air. Normally we do all of our airline bookings (we travel about 6 months a year) online. But on our Silhouette Back to Back cruises in Europe (Oct and Nov) we received a hefty air credit (a booking promotion) which could only be used through Choice Air. Instead of spending less then 10 min booking online, I had to spend approximately 30 min on the phone with Choice Air. After we received are e-mail confirmation we then noticed that the Choice Air "professional" had booked our return flights for the wrong day (it was a day in the middle of our cruise). She did this after keeping us on the phone as she carefully checked all our cruise dates....and she still got it wrong! This meant 2 more call to Choice Air, another 40 min on the phone, and a follow-up call back from a Choice Air supervisor. To their credit the Choice Air folks finally got it right (but only after we found their error) and Celebrity ate the additional cost incurred in having to change the confirmed reservation.

We would only use Choice Air if there were savings involved.. and we would carefully check everything they do.

Hank

I wish I knew how to change my font to a #72 to point out that we have a CRUISE AIR FORUM and you should use it if you have questions about air travel.....especially CRUISE AIR. There is a sticky dedicated to the process.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE familiarize yourselves with the type of ticket you are booking via Cruise Air. And, don't believe everything you read about Cruise Air getting you to your ship on time.

READ THE STICKY ON THE CRUISE AIR FORUM

So if you saw $23 on the ground you would just walk on by??? Not me!!

We saved $50 pp going thru choice air--so $100 in out pockets!! Our TA booked it viaChoice air--and at least for us its no different as if I had booked my tickets on Delta myself! I can still log on to Delta and pick my seats (and change them) even though the reservation was made via choice air!! And just a few days ago, there was a slight timing change for my flights and Delta contacted us. So the only difference for us---saved $100!!!

What we did was tell our TA the flights we were interested in...and she relayed that on to Choice air. Not sure if it always works like that

It depends if you end up with consolidator flights or not. Ask this same question on the Cruise Air board. For $23.00, yes, I would book directly with the airline.

Note we did use Choice Air for a one way transatlantic.

It is no different then if booked through Choice Air. The ship is not going to wait for you.

We booked our flight with choice air and the airline canceled one of the stops we had. It took some time but eventually, choice air was the way to go as they got us rebooked and rerouted to our final destination at no cost to us. The only frustration we had, is that we had to go thru Captains Club to get choice air to respond. When we called Captains Club, they could see that we indeed had tried on 3 occasions to get choice air to respond. In the end we were satisfied. Remember to check your Airline Iteneray occasionally for any unforseen changes.

That is the problem. You would have to go through the Choice Air department to get it resolved. We would only use them if it was a BIG savings such as one way.

if choice guarantee you get to the ship then choice guarantee is worth the money since we are going in the same day as boarding but we have an overnight on the ship so I Am willing to chance it.

Neither Choice Air nor Celebrity Cruises makes any guarantee. For proof, first review the Celebrity Contract that you signed:

"All arrangements made for or by Passenger for transportation (other than on the Vessel or on any Transport owned or operated by RCT in connection with

a RCT Land Tour) before, during or after the Cruise or CruiseTour of any kind whatsoever, as well as air arrangements, shore excursions, tours, hotels,

restaurants, attractions and other similar activities or services, including all related conveyances, products or facilities, are made solely for Passenger's

convenience and are at Passenger's risk. The providers, owners and operators of such services, conveyances, products and facilities are independent

contractors and are not acting as agents or representatives of Carrier. Even though Carrier may collect a fee for, or otherwise profit from, making such

arrangements and offers for sale shore excursions, tours, hotels, restaurants, attractions, elements of the RCT Land Tour packages that are provided by

independent contractors and other similar activities or services taking place off the Vessel for a profit, it does not undertake to supervise or control such

independent contractors or their employees, nor maintain their conveyances or facilities, and makes no representation, whether express or implied,

regarding their suitability or safety. In no event shall Carrier be liable for any loss, delay, disappointment, damage, injury, death or other harm whatsoever

to Passenger which occurs on or off the Vessel or the Transport as a result of any acts, omissions or negligence of any independent contractors."

Then, if you have any further doubts, read this from the "Choice Air" sticky on the cruise air forum. This quote is from Troy Martin, Director of Travel Services for RCI:

"At times, there is controversy over whether this is a guarantee. The truth is... it's not a guarantee. "

I wish I knew how to change my font to a #72 to point out that we have a CRUISE AIR FORUM and you should use it if you have questions about air travel.....especially CRUISE AIR. There is a sticky dedicated to the process.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE familiarize yourselves with the type of ticket you are booking via Cruise Air. And, don't believe everything you read about Cruise Air getting you to your ship on time.

READ THE STICKY ON THE CRUISE AIR FORUM

:rolleyes:

On cruise air form they want to travel an extra 20 hours , pay $500 more then to use Choice Air

I've used Choice Air three times on transatlantics. All three times I paid 1/3 to 1/4 of what I would have if I would have booked throughthe airline. You are given choices of flights and you pick the one that fits your budget and flying time. Once you get your conformation number you can go to the air line's website and choose/change your seats.

On this transatlantic coming up in May, we fly British Air from Rome to London, have a hour and fifteen minutes layover, then nonstop to Phoenix. We'll be in Phoenix by 5:10 pm the same day we leave Rome. All for 1/4 the price British Air wants on their website. So much for $500 more and 20 hours traveling.

Archived