Women's attire on formal night? yikes!!!

cwbabe48

For a cruise with 2 formal nights, I'll usually bring a black dress and have different accessories for the two nights. The first night I might wear it with a shawl, scarf, or jacket then by itself on the second night with a large necklace or flashy belt. Accessories can really change the look of an LBD.

For cruises with 3 or more formal nights, I usually bring a black skirt and two nice blouses. I'll wear one or both of the blouses twice as needed. I'm not always a perfect eater :o so I have had to send a skirt or blouse to be dry cleaned onboard so I can wear it again.

I haven't been on a cruise with more than 4 formal nights yet. I supposed if I were, I'd still bring two dressy blouses and a black skirt, but add a pair of dressy pants or an LBD to the mix to change things up a little more.

Your hubby's outfit sounds perfect, your top sounds perfect, but the capris on formal nights.....not so much. If I were you I would pack one pair of dressy black slacks. If you are wearing heels and look FABULOUS your capris may be fine. My husband even goes without a tie. He wears a sportcoat and turtleneck. I was so worried but he had no trouble.

I borrowed my daughter's dressy black capris that have a sequin stripe (like tuxedo trousers) down each side. They were perfect with a sequin-trimmed top. There are lots of ways to look classy without doing or spending a lot.

I think it will depend on where you will be cruising. On a European cruise, with a lot of Europeans onboard, you will find that they tend to dress up quite a bit on formal nights. This past summer there were many Spaniards on my Med cruise, and they were very dressed up - and they looked great.

The summer before on a Rotterdam transatlantic there were many Dutch passengers, and again, they were always dressed to the nines on formal nights. Many women came in gowns, and there were more tuxes than I had ever seen before. The night of the Black and White Ball was especially dressy.

Archived