After cruise in Orlando/port canaveral

craftkook

Hi, My husband and I would like to do something the day we get off our cruise as our flight doesn't leave till 6:30. We thought about doing kennedy space center but there are no shuttles in the afternoon to go to the airport. I'd rather not rent a car because then i feel like we would lose time picking up/dropping off a car. Carnival has excurisions to Disney/sea world etc but we still have to find transportation to the airport from those places. Does anyone know which park is closest to the airport that won't cost an arm and a leg to take a taxi from or any other ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Sea World is slightly closer, mostly due to it's easy access onton I-4 instead of the miles of Disney property you can ride through. A one-day rental car would be cheaper than the cab fare and you can save $$ by doing the park on your own. Good luck! :)

Hi, My husband and I would like to do something the day we get off our cruise as our flight doesn't leave till 6:30. We thought about doing kennedy space center but there are no shuttles in the afternoon to go to the airport. I'd rather not rent a car because then i feel like we would lose time picking up/dropping off a car. Carnival has excurisions to Disney/sea world etc but we still have to find transportation to the airport from those places. Does anyone know which park is closest to the airport that won't cost an arm and a leg to take a taxi from or any other ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Here is what you can do in the area:

1. Brevard Zoo

2. A 2-hour boat ride on the Indian River Lagoon with Island Boat Lines http://www.islandboatlines.com/Home_Page.php

3. An airboat ride at Lone Cabbage Fish Camp http://www.twisterairboatrides.com/

4. Kennedy Space Center

5. Ron Jon's Surf Shop (for looking or buying).

Of course, a rental car is required, but that car can be your transportation to the airport.

In my opinion, you don't have nearly enough time to go to one of the theme parks and get back to the airport early enough to check in for your flight.

Executive vip limo has a package deal from the cruise ship to

KSC then from KSC to MCO for $150.

Contact www.executiveviplimousine.com

Agree with others that renting a car is your best bet. One more question..unless you have a rental car what would you do with your luggage while you are in the park?

Universal or sea world is closer to airport than Disney...

I think we have decided to rent a car from the suggestions here. We were going to send our luggage to the airport with Carnivals luggage express. So if we rent a car we can save ourselves that cost and it will pay for the car rental.

Thanks for all the advice.

Archived