Beach Day at Royal Palms

robhawk

We liked Royal Palms when we were there last year but we were just there for an hour after an excursion. The pool was nice and its easy to take a nice long walk down the beach. We really enjoyed it! We were too cheap to try the food so I can't comment on that, typical bar food fare if I remember correctly, burgers, fries, etc.

We were in GC twice last month on Valor & Glory. Liked Royal Palms better than Calico Jacks. RP had better food and more space. Pool at RP is adults only, our little one was not allowed but Seven Mile Beach is awesome so, no worries. Taxi is only $4pp each way.

Stick to your plan and don't let them talk you into going elsewhere. They make more taking you farther down the road and I guess every dollar counts. Be patient and they'll fill a small shuttle van and get you there.

Stick to your plans. We were there last week and got hijacked with a taxi (mini bus) full of others to Surfside even though we asked for Royal Palms and the driver had a sign that said Royal Palms. Surfside is waaaaay North on 7 mile. The drivers all convince everyone it is "better" than RP. Not a bad beach, but not what we really wanted. In hindsight, we should have pressed the issue, but didn't.

Sounds like they're having issues with each other...RP's and the mini buses. I always look for smaller taxi's to get to the beach, but there never are any available. Hope I don't have the same problem next month.

Drivers make more money per person the farther they take you down 7 Mile Beach, so they always try to talk you into going somewhere "cheaper." There is also the possibility they are getting a kickback for bringing PAX to the other resorts.

We just returned from a day at Royal Palms. We were so glad we decided to give it a try. The cost was $2.00 a piece to enter, $10.00 each for a chair rental. We also rented one float for $10.00. The chairs are the hard plastic type, and I was very worried about being uncomfortable. I used the float on my chair and had no problem. I just dragged the float down to the water for my floating time. We did not rent an umbrella, because you can easily go up to the bar/pool area for shade. I had a Mahi Mahi sandwich for lunch, which was wonderful. I watched other food come out, and thought it all looked way above normal bar food. I hope this quick reveiw helps.

Their website now says $5 for chair rental and umbrella. I printed it out in case they tried to charge $10.

Can you tell me if there was a large drop off at the enterance to the water?

If I remember right, that beach did have a quick drop-off, like missing a step and going down about a foot or so. We were on Valor/Glory B2B, but I'm pretty sure there was a drop-off there. Sorry if I've got the beaches confused. I remember the buckets of beer.

Archived