'Falling' for the Adventure of the Seas Jan. 13, 2013

Hi

Glad you managed to have an enjoyable cruise even with your accident.

We're on Adventure in September, i was wondering whether you had the new menus on your sailing and what you thought of them?

Love the photos so far, hoping you have some more :)

Louise

I was on the same sailing and yes we had the new menus. Some of the new stuff was very good , best lobster I've had on a cruise, other stuff was meh. This chef was a little heavy on the salt for my taste. The pasta dishes were always good.

Oh my goodness. So sorry for your injury!!! Glad you are listening to the doctor.

I know what you mean about the Comfort Inn but unfortunately that is where we are staying AGAIN next month before our two weeks on the Adventure. Glad you encountered friendly front desk staff. I sure hope we don't have the musty smell.

Glad to be reading your review and comments...we can't wait to get on board

I was on the same sailing and yes we had the new menus. Some of the new stuff was very good , best lobster I've had on a cruise, other stuff was meh. This chef was a little heavy on the salt for my taste. The pasta dishes were always good.

Sounds like you and J.R. had the same praise about the lobster! :D Unfortunately for me I do not eat seafood and it seemed like a lot of the 'wow' items (or maybe it was just my cold coming on) on the menu were seafood. Maybe I need to expand my food horizons to include seafood! :p Not going to happen! :eek:

Sorry we never got a chance to get to visit with you & Jodi besides meeting for the first few minutes at the informal M&G. We did not get to stay because the infirmary was calling my name. :eek::eek: & due to unforseen circumstances we could not make it to the M&M.

Oh my goodness. So sorry for your injury!!! Glad you are listening to the doctor.

I know what you mean about the Comfort Inn but unfortunately that is where we are staying AGAIN next month before our two weeks on the Adventure. Glad you encountered friendly front desk staff. I sure hope we don't have the musty smell.

Glad to be reading your review and comments...we can't wait to get on board

Thanks!

The Comfort Inn was not horrible & the staff really was an asset to the hotel. If you get a room that is really 'smelly' ask to be changed & the staff will try to accomodate you.

If I had it to do over again I would try bidding on Priceline & hope for the best especially after my fall walking down the hill to the Comfort Inn.

Have tons of fun on your B2B. I am envious! We had a ton a great cruise on the AOS! As soon as my leg heals I will be looking forward to cruisng again!

We are thinking of booking Adventure next Feb 2014. Just wondering if Adventure is due to have any renovations done? We sail Mariner in 3 weeks. I can't wait to see Mariner's new upgrades, hoping Adventure will get them too..:D

Sorry, can't help you there. We thought the AOS was in great shape just like she is though!

Love your positive attitude and your wonderful review. Best wishes on a full and speedy recovery. Loving your pictures, too:)

This was my first cruise, and my first time meeting Juli (and JR) and I can't say enough how much I found Juli to have such a positive attitude. Definitely you are delightful travel buddies and I really hope we can cruise again with you someday.

I agree with Juli, the food was good, not really outstanding, but I did love the Lobster and our dinner at the Portofino was worht the 20$. We chose MTD and got the same table every night, overlooking the captain's table and great waitstaff.

We are thinking of booking Adventure next Feb 2014. Just wondering if Adventure is due to have any renovations done? We sail Mariner in 3 weeks. I can't wait to see Mariner's new upgrades, hoping Adventure will get them too..:D

She's going in for a major refit in April 2014.

Goodmorning!

So glad you are on the mend! My new motto for this year is don't sweat the small stuff and after reading your review it makes me realize how glad I am to have this motto this year. :)

You said you loved Antiqua and I'm looking into what we will be doing for our cruise next February 2014 and wondered what you did there. Any good info from anyone else on fun things in the other ports would be much appreciated!

I'm booking a private tour with Bernards for St. Martaan and wondered if there were any great ideas to have included in the tour. We do want to go to the French side but I'm just now looking into what to add to the tour.

Looking forward to the rest of your review. Thanks so much for taking the time to do this for us!

Hoping you mend quickly and are back to dancing and having a great time very soon!

Robin:)

Love your positive attitude and your wonderful review. Best wishes on a full and speedy recovery. Loving your pictures, too

Thanks! I am adjusting to this stupid stabilizer! :(:D At least I have a legit reason not to work out for the next six weeks! :p

This was my first cruise, and my first time meeting Juli (and JR) and I can't say enough how much I found Juli to have such a positive attitude. Definitely you are delightful travel buddies and I really hope we can cruise again with you someday.

I agree with Juli, the food was good, not really outstanding, but I did love the Lobster and our dinner at the Portofino was worht the 20$. We chose MTD and got the same table every night, overlooking the captain's table and great waitstaff.

Thanks Manon! We really enjoyed getting to know you & Patrice & are very thankful that you shared our amazing day in St. Lucia with us! I definitely want a do-over of that day!!! Of all places for my camera battery to die! Thanks again for the pics.

Glad y'all are hooked on cruising now & hopefully we will cruise together again! J.R. liked the Canada idea!

Goodmorning!

So glad you are on the mend! My new motto for this year is don't sweat the small stuff and after reading your review it makes me realize how glad I am to have this motto this year.

You said you loved Antiqua and I'm looking into what we will be doing for our cruise next February 2014 and wondered what you did there. Any good info from anyone else on fun things in the other ports would be much appreciated!

I'm booking a private tour with Bernards for St. Martaan and wondered if there were any great ideas to have included in the tour. We do want to go to the French side but I'm just now looking into what to add to the tour.

Looking forward to the rest of your review. Thanks so much for taking the time to do this for us!

Hoping you mend quickly and are back to dancing and having a great time very soon!

Robin

Thanks!

Antigua is GORGEOUS & we had a ton of fun there. We did the See by the Sea excursion through RCCL on the Excellence catamaran.

We also did Bernard's tour in St. Maarten.

Our FAVORITE day by far was in St. Lucia where we booked the Eco Adventure tour through Mysic Man Tours! :):):)

We went on the Black Pearl Party Cruise aboard the Jolly Roger 1 in Barbados. Aaaargh Matey! It is a pirate ship!!!

I spent yesterday writing about our excursions in word. I will try to add our ports today.

Juli

We loved the Promenade!

232323232%7Ffp437%3C3%3Enu%3D3235%3E9%3B8%3E%3B96%3EWSNRCG%3D37%3A4899343324nu0mrj

Our Promenade cabin was the one in the middle, 4th from the left with the light on & the curtains open. You have to be careful when you open your curtains because your 'neighbor' can see directly in to your room!

232323232%7Ffp4384%3A%3Enu%3D3235%3E9%3B8%3E%3B96%3EWSNRCG%3D37%3A4899337324nu0mrj

This was what was directly across from our cabin.

232323232%7Ffp4389%3A%3Enu%3D3235%3E9%3B8%3E%3B96%3EWSNRCG%3D37%3A48982%3C9324nu0mrj

Always working on the ship! :D

232323232%7Ffp43865%3Enu%3D3235%3E9%3B8%3E%3B96%3EWSNRCG%3D37%3A4899445324nu0mrj

This guy playing in the Promenade was REALLY good! As I said earlier we could hear some noise in our cabin, mainly music but it did not bother us at all. We are not early to bed people though.

232323232%7Ffp43858%3Enu%3D3235%3E9%3B8%3E%3B96%3EWSNRCG%3D37%3A4899436324nu0mrj

Thanks so much for getting back so quickly. I'll look into those you mentioned. I've found going with recommendations from this board has never dissappointed but unfortunately there isn't much traffic on the Ports board so if it weren't for you lovely soles posting reviews of your cruises I might miss out on something fabulous!!!!! :)

This next cruise is our first not getting a Promenade room. We love them. :) We aren't in the room much but it's nice to look out and watch whats going on below. We are trying our first balcony room next February. We'll see how it is looking out at the water. This cruise we booked was actually cheaper getting the balcony then our Freedom Promenade room last February.

Can't wait to see your review of excursions!

Hoping you're getting to enjoy your day and again thanks for the excursion ideas!

Robin :)

St. Croix

We had never been to St. Croix before so we booked the ATVing/jet-skiing/beach time at Rainbow Beach through Gecko & West End Watersports. Unfortunately the ship’s doctor said absolutely not! :(

Gecko's has a 7 day cancellation period as they only take out five ATVs per time slot but I called them the night before we arrived in St. Croix & explained my situation & I was able to cancel. We were really looking forward to exploring St. Croix on ATVs & Gecko gets wonderful reviews. We will definitely book with them next time we go to St. Croix.

We got off the ship & caught a cab to Rainbow Beach since I did not really have a backup plan for our Gecko tour. It turned out to be a great choice for us!

We rented 2 beach chairs & an umbrella for (I think) $20 from a really nice young couple. We parked them close to the beach bar (& the restroom) for obvious reasons. Walking on crutches in deep sand is NOT easy! :eek:

We had a wonderful relaxing day there. The bartender made us a rum drink that I cannot remember the name of but it had seven kinds of rum. OMG was it good!!! :D

We really enjoyed watching a toddler playing in the surf (with his mom & grandmother supervising). He was FEARLESS! He would run out in to the water & the tide would have him doing somersaults all the way back in. He would readjust his goggles & run right back out. I wish we had taken a video. He was adorable!

We also watched a local policeman training his dogs in the ocean. One was older & so well trained. The younger dog was very smart too but lacked the patience of the older one. It was interesting to watch.

Everything happens for a reason & as much as we wanted to go ATVing in St. Croix we would have missed out on a great beach day if we had. Our friends Robin & John joined us there later in the day because their Buck Island Snorkeling excursion was cancelled due to the tide so we got to enjoy hanging out with them too. :)

I started walking down the pier to St. Croix until I realized we could catch this tram. Usually we are 'walkers'! We stopped to chat with some of our roll call friends.

232323232%7Ffp43875%3Enu%3D37%3A4%3E%3A%3A3%3E457%3E2895%3A%3A3548233ot1lsi

Rainbow Beach was a short cab ride from the pier.

232323232%7Ffp4384%3A%3Enu%3D3235%3E9%3B8%3E%3B96%3EWSNRCG%3D37%3A489%3A8%3C5324nu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp43864%3Enu%3D3235%3E9%3B8%3E%3B96%3EWSNRCG%3D37%3A489%3B293324nu0mrj

Being a 'watcher'!

232323232%7Ffp4385%3B%3Enu%3D3235%3E9%3B8%3E%3B96%3EWSNRCG%3D37%3A489%3B279324nu0mrj

J.R. at the bar trying out the seven kinds of rum drink! Yummy!

232323232%7Ffp4384%3A%3Enu%3D3235%3E9%3B8%3E%3B96%3EWSNRCG%3D37%3A489%3A8%3A4324nu0mrj

Just another day in paradise!

232323232%7Ffp4383%3A%3Enu%3D3235%3E9%3B8%3E%3B96%3EWSNRCG%3D37%3A489%3B288324nu0mrj

Juli

We loved the Promenade!

Our Promenade cabin was the one in the middle, 4th from the left with the light on & the curtains open. You have to be careful when you open your curtains because your 'neighbor' can see directly in to your room!

232323232%7Ffp4384%3A%3Enu%3D3235%3E9%3B8%3E%3B96%3EWSNRCG%3D37%3A4899337324nu0mrj

This was what was directly across from our cabin.

232323232%7Ffp4389%3A%3Enu%3D3235%3E9%3B8%3E%3B96%3EWSNRCG%3D37%3A48982%3C9324nu0mrj

Always working on the ship! :D

This guy playing in the Promenade was REALLY good! As I said earlier we could hear some noise in our cabin, mainly music but it did not bother us at all. We are not early to bed people though.

Thanks for this photo we are in a cabin a couple along from you and have been trying to find out what is below us and what we can see from the window!!

Did you view any of the parades from your cabin?

Louise

Thanks so much for getting back so quickly. I'll look into those you mentioned. I've found going with recommendations from this board has never dissappointed but unfortunately there isn't much traffic on the Ports board so if it weren't for you lovely soles posting reviews of your cruises I might miss out on something fabulous!!!!!

This next cruise is our first not getting a Promenade room. We love them. We aren't in the room much but it's nice to look out and watch whats going on below. We are trying our first balcony room next February. We'll see how it is looking out at the water. This cruise we booked was actually cheaper getting the balcony then our Freedom Promenade room last February.

Can't wait to see your review of excursions!

Hoping you're getting to enjoy your day and again thanks for the excursion ideas!

Robin

I live on CC right before a cruise! :eek: Have I mentioned that St. Lucia is my favorite island? :p We have been there three times & I am already looking forward to going back!

We are rarely in our cabin either & J.R. always wants a balcony but the Promenade cabin was fun for a change. Plus we found a great deal on it! :)

Thanks for the report!

You are welcome. I will try to post more later today. Unfortunately I have to get ready to go have that other MRI on my foot & I am moving much slower than usual.

Thanks for this photo we are in a cabin a couple along from you and have been trying to find out what is below us and what we can see from the window!!

Did you view any of the parades from your cabin?

Louise

We loved the location of our cabin. It was very convenient to everything. I posted this pic earlier in the review that was taken from our cabin window.

232323232%7Ffp43897%3Enu%3D3235%3E9%3B8%3E%3B96%3EWSNRCG%3D37%3A489936%3A324nu0mrj

We did watch a parade from our window & tried to take pics. Unfortunately we got a new camera right before our cruise & it had a mind of its own sometimes & changed settings when it wanted to so this is the best pic I have of the parade. :(

232323232%7Ffp43833%3Enu%3D3235%3E9%3B8%3E%3B96%3EWSNRCG%3D37%3A6879249324nu0mrj

Juli

Hi Juli,

First off hope you're feeling better and healing. Your attitude and the way you dealt with this is refreshing. I try to face life with the same way of thinking. No one can choose my mood for me, it's my decision; therefore I choose to be happy!

I have had the unfortunate experience of wearing an immobilizer for an MCL tear. It sucks, sorry:(. I wore a lot of flip flops and slides so I didn't have to try and get a real shoe on but I also live on the Gulf coast of Fl. not Tn in the winter:eek:. The up side to my tale is I followed all instructions, wore the #&%!*ing thing like I was told and I didn't have to have surgery! Hopefully the same holds true for you. Again, fast healing and thank you for a refreshing outlook here on the boards. Take care, Jim

Edited by Icruzthere4Iam

Thanks so much for your great review, positive attitude, and excellent photos!

We will be on the Adventure in May, and we have a Promenade View cabin on Deck 7.

Your photos of your cabin and the view from your window were extremely helpful to us!

Hope you are feeling better and wishing you a speedy recovery!!

Hi Juli,

First off hope you're feeling better and healing. Your attitude and the way you dealt with this is refreshing. I try to face life with the same way of thinking. No one can choose my mood for me, it's my decision; therefore I choose to be happy!

I have had the unfortunate experience of wearing an immobilizer for an MCL tear. It sucks, sorry. I wore a lot of flip flops and slides so I didn't have to try and get a real shoe on but I also live on the Gulf coast of Fl. not Tn in the winter. The up side to my tale is I followed all instructions, wore the #&%!*ing thing like I was told and I didn't have to have surgery! Hopefully the same holds true for you. Again, fast healing and thank you for a refreshing outlook here on the boards. Take care, Jim

Thanks so much for the words of wisdom from someone in the 'know'! :D Luckily for me it is exceptionally warm in Tennessee right now so I am still flip flopping it too!

I am supposed to go to Gatlinburg with my husband for a conference tomorrow & it is supposed to snow on Friday so obviously no flip flops! :eek:

We rented a wheelchair with a leg lift today because Gatlinburg is definitely not a walkable town on crutches & I can not even sit in a chair with this immobilizer on since I can not bend my leg but I am still undecided if I am going or not. J.R. is getting an award & I would love to be there but I will be stuck in the hotel room for three days while he is in meetings. :eek: I do not sit still well! Guess I will be hanging out on CC a lot if I go! :D

Glad you healed well! I will 'try' to 'behave' so hopefully I will also have good results too!

It looks like i've picked a good cabin!

I tend to suffer from panic attacks when i'm in crowded places so like the idea of being able to watch the parades from my own space

I think you will love your Promenade cabin. Enjoy your cruise!

Thanks so much for your great review, positive attitude, and excellent photos!

We will be on the Adventure in May, and we have a Promenade View cabin on Deck 7.

Your photos of your cabin and the view from your window were extremely helpful to us!

Hope you are feeling better and wishing you a speedy recovery!!

Thanks!!! :)

Hope you have a great time on your cruise! We loved our Promenade cabin!

Glad I can be of help to somebody right now since I can not do a lot besides sit here on the computer!

Thanks again! Just went for the MRI on my foot. Hoping for good results but if not I am already on crutches/in a wheelchair for six weeks so surely anything else could heal in that amount of time?!? :D

Juli

Hi Juli! It's getting ready to snow here, too. Blah! I hate not having a cruise to look forward to for this winter. I'll just have to spend more time on here figuring out next years cruise. :)

I was reading on another thread about making sure you get an agriculture stamp or you get sent back. Can you tell me what this is? It's the first I've heard of this and I want to make sure and let my group know about it. Is is at the airport or at the cruise terminal?

Hoping you get good news about your MRI. Waiting is the hardest part.

Can't wait to hear about all your other adventures. Makes us feel like we're there! ;)

Take Care

Robin

I'm hoping to cruise one day with them too:D

Hi Juli! It's getting ready to snow here, too. Blah! I hate not having a cruise to look forward to for this winter. I'll just have to spend more time on here figuring out next years cruise.

I was reading on another thread about making sure you get an agriculture stamp or you get sent back. Can you tell me what this is? It's the first I've heard of this and I want to make sure and let my group know about it. Is is at the airport or at the cruise terminal?

Can't wait to hear about all your other adventures. Makes us feel like we're there!

Take Care

Robin

I did not go with J.R. to Gatlinburg so I guess no snow for me. I actually love snow & love Tennessee because we have four seasons.

The Agriculture inspection line is on the left as soon as you go in to the airport. They have to scan & put a sticker on every bag including your purse. It is really very easy. The first time we flew home from San Juan we knew we had to go through USDA but we got in the wrong line & waited for a good while before we realized it! :eek: It was packed that day though but we got through it all pretty quickly.

This time we knew what to do but we got a porter right outside the airport since I was on crutches & he had me sit & wait while he & J.R. took our bags through USDA & then on to Delta. He even entered all our info for our boarding pass. Well worth what ever J.R. tipped him! :D

More review coming up soon. I slept most of the day after I got home from the doctor. Fully awake now!

Thanks for the review, love the pictures, keep'em coming !

You can post my pics from St-Lucia if you'd like since your camera batteries died, I wish mine were better !

Hope you don't get too much snow !

Thanks Manon. Your pics were great! I also 'borrowed' a ton from Robin today. Besides my camera battery dying in St. Lucia I had a hard enough time getting around with out trying to take pics too & J.R. had his hands full keeping up with me! :D

I did not go to Gatlinburg (where it was supposed to snow) because I coughed all night & finally 'broke down ' (literally I think :eek: ) & went to the doctor today & got a shot & some cold meds. Nothing like coming back from the Caribbean with a cold! Maybe J.R. will be able to get some sleep tonight anyway without me coughing all night! Miss you & Patrice!

I'm hoping to cruise one day with them too:D

Thanks. We are always up for a cruise & love to make new friends! :D