Epic from Rome - more questions

CCJack

A few more questions, we are booked on Epic out of Rome. We are new to NCL, but have been on several other cruise lines and been to Europe several times....

1) Time to arrive at the ship similar to Carribean cruises, that is around 11 am or noon?

2) There are 2 restauarants similar to MDR on other ships (Manhattan and Taste), is that correct? Are resrevations required, or can you typically walk in and get seated?

3) Is there sushi available at of the restaurants included in the cruise price (no surcharge.) I know there is a japanese specialty ala carte restuarant, correct?

4) Many people recommned romecabs or limoinrome. I assume these are slightly more $ than just picking up a cab at the airport. Are they more reliable and less of a wait than the normal cab line at an airport?

5) Has anyone booked a 3 trip package from limoinrome. That is airport to Rome hotel, Rome hotel to ship, and ship to airport. That is what we need, as we are spending 3 nights pre cruise but none after cruise in Rome.

6) Does NCL confiscate (hold) you passports for any of the countries. I assume no for Spain, France, and Italy. I think this happens only for smaller countries?

7) We are in cabin 12241. I think this is a larger balcony cabin, starboard side, but not a hull balcony, and no larger overhang or exposure. If all that is correct, it sounds like a good cabin to me. Please tell me if we are wrong.

8) Maybe I am being too detailed here, but the 45 day advance reservations for dining and shows is when exactly. I know on RCCL this date is only a guideline and so you have to keep trying. For NCL is it always 45 days prior and are they open in the morning of that day?

thanks.

A few more questions, we are booked on Epic out of Rome. We are new to NCL, but have been on several other cruise lines and been to Europe several times....

1) Time to arrive at the ship similar to Carribean cruises, that is around 11 am or noon?

Yes

2) There are 2 restauarants similar to MDR on other ships (Manhattan and Taste), is that correct? Are resrevations required, or can you typically walk in and get seated?

Just walk in, if there is a line you will be given a beeper like in a land restaurant. You might be given a % off coupon to use at a bar while you wait.

3) Is there sushi available at of the restaurants included in the cruise price (no surcharge.) I know there is a japanese specialty ala carte restuarant, correct?

No, sushi is not in the cruise price. I am not sure if something is offered on the appetizer portion of the menu in the MDR.

4) Many people recommned romecabs or limoinrome. I assume these are slightly more $ than just picking up a cab at the airport. Are they more reliable and less of a wait than the normal cab line at an airport?

This is an excellent question to ask over on the Ports of Call Board for EUROPE. I have read several reviews for RomeinLimo so do some research over there, and you might find more information on other operators as well.

5) Has anyone booked a 3 trip package from limoinrome. That is airport to Rome hotel, Rome hotel to ship, and ship to airport. That is what we need, as we are spending 3 nights pre cruise but none after cruise in Rome.

6) Does NCL confiscate (hold) you passports for any of the countries. I assume no for Spain, France, and Italy. I think this happens only for smaller countries?

7) We are in cabin 12241. I think this is a larger balcony cabin, starboard side, but not a hull balcony, and no larger overhang or exposure. If all that is correct, it sounds like a good cabin to me. Please tell me if we are wrong.

8) Maybe I am being too detailed here, but the 45 day advance reservations for dining and shows is when exactly. I know on RCCL this date is only a guideline and so you have to keep trying. For NCL is it always 45 days prior and are they open in the morning of that day?

thanks.

See my responses in red. Have a wonderful time

• 1 month later...

1) Time to arrive at the ship similar to Carribean cruises, that is around 11 am or noon? They will tell you in your edocs.

2) There are 2 restauarants similar to MDR on other ships (Manhattan and Taste), is that correct? Are resrevations required, or can you typically walk in and get seated?Yes. If you go earlier, you will probably not need reservations. If not early, I would reserve.

3) Is there sushi available at of the restaurants included in the cruise price (no surcharge.) I know there is a japanese specialty ala carte restuarant, correct?I believe you need to pay a minimal amount for the sushi.

4) Many people recommned romecabs or limoinrome. I assume these are slightly more $ than just picking up a cab at the airport. Are they more reliable and less of a wait than the normal cab line at an airport? We have and will use Romeinlimo and love them. Their prices are slightly more than other transfer services, but they are very reliable. Someone will greet you at the airport, so there will be no wait.

6) Does NCL confiscate (hold) you passports for any of the countries. I assume no for Spain, France, and Italy. I think this happens only for smaller countries? They did not hold our passports for this cruise.

7) We are in cabin 12241. I think this is a larger balcony cabin, starboard side, but not a hull balcony, and no larger overhang or exposure. If all that is correct, it sounds like a good cabin to me. Please tell me if we are wrong. No, you should be good. You will be able to see land a good portion of the time. It is nice to be close to the stairs and elevators. Your balcony will be larger, but not the room.

8) Maybe I am being too detailed here, but the 45 day advance reservations for dining and shows is when exactly. I know on RCCL this date is only a guideline and so you have to keep trying. For NCL is it always 45 days prior and are they open in the morning of that day? Don't know for sure. I would reserve as close to the 45 days as possible.

thanks.

Sorry that not many have answered your questions.

Archived