Flight Home from Fort Lauderdale?

lisa70

Booked on Oasis on March 30th.. i booked our flight for home from fort lauderdale

for 10:15am. What is the earliest to disembark? and can we make it? HELP..

This comes up a lot and the answer is ______ your mileage may vary. This can be done, there is a high probability you can do this fine. I would make sure you get in the early disembarkation-self carry and grab a cab, don't use the ships transfers.

More than likely you can make this flight...

However, things can and do happen that would cause you to miss this flight... Have a back up plan and funds available in case you do...

Personally, that is too early for my comfort...

But then again, I've experienced a delayed debarkation... Didn't miss my 11:44 am flight but it was real close and the experience was a really crappy way to end a very nice vacation... Never again!

Most likely things will work out ok for you. Occasionally they do not. At least if something goes wrong it is on your way home and not on your way to Ft. Lauderdale so at least you do not have the stress of possibly missing your cruise.

Besides, you are from Georgia, if all else fails you could alway rent a car and drive home.

Last month on our Oasis Cruise, we easily made an 8:50 flight. We checked in our flights the day before, and self-disembarked. We walked off the ship somewhere around 6:45. There was a bit of a line at customs, but it went fast. There were plenty of cabs available. Again a line at security at the airport, but overall, we were sitting at the gate twiddling our thumbs about an hour early.

I knew there was some risk involved, but I travel quite a bit and would not have been in a panic if something had gone wrong. The early flight saved me a lot of money, and I would risk it again.

We are also sailing on Oasis, next month, and are booked on a flight home at 10.35am - like you I am a little worried about making the flight, but the next flights were not till late afternoon and were connecting flights.

We plan to walk off with our bags too. I know every cruise is different, but I'll let you know things go for us.

We are flying with Southwest and I understand that they allow you to catch the next available flight if you are a delayed without additional cost, so we are also relying on this policy which I think they refer to it as the "flat tire" rule, as a backup.

Archived