Latest reviews on Celebration - Noro on board?

Grez

But there is no money on Thompson ships, you pay with your card, but if the staff have germy hands..............

No money? Who told you that? I changed American Dollars for Egyptian Pounds and Jordanian currency on board this month. :rolleyes:

The school where I teach came down with Norovirus in early december. Around 90 children and 8 staff were off.

The letter that was issued to parents advised that only washing hands with soap and water would be effective. Hand gels were not effective.

Just noticed the 2 latest Celebration reviews in the review section - both state that Norovirus is on board, and that the ship was disembarked early for deep cleaning. Anyone heard any more on this?

I was on Celebration 10th January for 1 week cruise and then 1 week in Sharm. All passengers, regardless of arrangements for second week, had to leave cabin by 8am for deep clean.

The entrance to all restaurants regardless if self service or not had at least one person dispensing gel. Although the self service was not self service for any part of the cruise and all food and even at times tea and coffee were served.

My husband was not in the least bit unwell until the Saturday when he started vomiting and although this only lasted a few hours he did not feel well enough to leave the cabin until the Wednesday. I was fine all week, I did make sure that I only used the toilet in the cabin and tried not to touch door handles etc, I only had drinks with a straw. I did wonder about the pens passed by the staff to sign for drinks as these must have been touched by loads of people, I also noticed that around day 4/5 the drinks menus were no longer on display and you had to ask to see one. Again lots of people would have handled these.

This was our first cruise and we have just put this down to bad luck, this is the second time in 31 years of marriage that my OH has ever had a tummy bug. We were very firmly told by rep at hotel that it was't norovirus as they would have had to cancel the cruise if it had been. What ever it was the staff admitted to at least 250 people being affected and that was the people they knew about. There were probably lots of other people who were just treating themselves (hopeful staying in their cabin as my husband did).

This hasn't put us off cruising and we are going to book the Majesty doing Red Sea Wonder next January.

I was on Celebration 10th January for 1 week cruise and then 1 week in Sharm. All passengers, regardless of arrangements for second week, had to leave cabin by 8am for deep clean.

The entrance to all restaurants regardless if self service or not had at least one person dispensing gel. Although the self service was not self service for any part of the cruise and all food and even at times tea and coffee were served.

My husband was not in the least bit unwell until the Saturday when he started vomiting and although this only lasted a few hours he did not feel well enough to leave the cabin until the Wednesday. I was fine all week, I did make sure that I only used the toilet in the cabin and tried not to touch door handles etc, I only had drinks with a straw. I did wonder about the pens passed by the staff to sign for drinks as these must have been touched by loads of people, I also noticed that around day 4/5 the drinks menus were no longer on display and you had to ask to see one. Again lots of people would have handled these.

This was our first cruise and we have just put this down to bad luck, this is the second time in 31 years of marriage that my OH has ever had a tummy bug. We were very firmly told by rep at hotel that it was't norovirus as they would have had to cancel the cruise if it had been. What ever it was the staff admitted to at least 250 people being affected and that was the people they knew about. There were probably lots of other people who were just treating themselves (hopeful staying in their cabin as my husband did).

This hasn't put us off cruising and we are going to book the Majesty doing Red Sea Wonder next January.

What a shame for this to happen on your first cruise, very unfortunate.

I really don't know how the hotel rep would know whether there was norovirus on the ship and it sounds very like it was with these numbers.

At least it hasn't put you off.

Archived