Back-to-back cruise question

Host Dan

First off, make sure that your bookings are linked with the b2b desk.

YES please make sure. We book the first week on our own and months later booked the second half with our TA and he didn't link the two. It was a nightmare of a headache trying to get our new seapass cards and getting on and off the ship with all the other B2Bers.

Yes, that's correct, you should keep the cruises unlinked until you have finished booking Choice Air. Royal has a website bug that prevents Choice Air bookings with linked cruises.

Choice Air will not charge you the fee when you call them to book if it's a B2B. It's their problem, not yours, so they don't charge. It's in the fine print on the Choice Air web site.

Link them ONLY AFTER you've done ChoiceAir bookings....

If you are not using Choice Air, then they can be linked at the time of booking.

If after booking, you decide that you want to use Choice Air, you can call and have the bookings unlinked. When air arrangements have been made then you can have them relinked.

If using Choice Air on a b2b, let the rep know at the time of booking and have both booking numbers available.

Choice Air will not charge you the fee when you call them to book if it's a B2B. It's their problem, not yours, so they don't charge. It's in the fine print on the Choice Air web site.

We have never been charged a fee for booking air over the phone when doing a b2b. That's the only way I will book our air.

From the Choice Air Website:

Fees for Choic Air*

North American guests pay a $15 service fee for domestic travel and a $25 fee for international travel.

Fees for guests outside of North America are determined by the local Royal Caribbean Cruise Line office.

ChoiceAir PlusAs an alternative to ChoiceAir, guests can take advantage of ChoiceAir Plus. ChoiceAir Plus provides our guests with access to professional agents that give customized, concierge-style travel arrangements. ChoiceAir Plus has all the same benefits of regular ChoiceAir for $35 plus the standard service fee. Contact the ChoiceAir Support Desk at (800) 533-7803.

*Fees are waived for Platinum and Above.

We have never been charged a fee for booking air over the phone when doing a b2b. That's the only way I will book our air....

Just curious, when you call Choice Air to book your air, do you think they can offer more flight options than are displayed on their website?

in January 2013, we did not have to get off the ship and clear customs on turnaround day in Panama. We were given our new seapass cards the night before. We were asked to go to the gangway, check out with the old seapass card, and check-in with the new card, but no immigration and no getting off the ship.

In our experience, only the United States makes you get off the ship and go through immigration.

Kind regards,

Gunther and Uta

Just curious, when you call Choice Air to book your air, do you think they can offer more flight options than are displayed on their website?

Since I know what flights we want to take after doing my homework on the Choic Air sight, I've really never asked if there were other flight options available.

Since I know what flights we want to take after doing my homework on the Choic Air sight, I've really never asked if there were other flight options available.

OK, I thought they might have had other options available when you talk to a rep. I've always booked on the website, but have talked to reps when the flights we booked got changed by the airlines.

Muster drill is required and has been required to be attended by each and every passenger. Not sure how some of you did not have to go but it isn't is a new regulation and is mandatory. Just off the adventure b2b same cabin. having same cabin has no bearing on whether you get an additional discount. you still have to attend muster and have your names checked off the list.

We did have some older guests that had to go sit and they were given chairs but had to remain until drill over.

On the Adventure b2b even tho it is treated as two different cruises by RCCL, immigrations treats you as only one voyage as your "home" is still on the ship so only one custom form is presented at the end of your cruise and even though you have two cruises you still only get 1600 if us citizen for allowance each if going thru us virgin islands. Also can only bring on two bottles of wine and if you get off the ship in san juan on turnaround day and bring on two more bottles of wine...you don't see them until the end of the cruise. Now some others brought on four bottles and got away with it...two on each person and going thru the security apart from each other...like several persons apart thru checkpoint...nothing was said. big flag with lady in front of me four bottles in her carryon and she said well i am on for two trips and security said nope..he could only let her take two bottles....now ironically....she could go right over to the liquor store inside and buy another if she wanted cause no scanners once she got on the ship. Go figure. I asked at our meeting for turnaround day again about the wine as I really don't think it is right that I am paying for two separate voyages that I can't be treated as such. Yes i get all the coupons and so forth...but having the difference in customs allowance and also wine if i chose would have been nice. just saying.

If you are not using Choice Air, then they can be linked at the time of booking.

If after booking, you decide that you want to use Choice Air, you can call and have the bookings unlinked. When air arrangements have been made then you can have them relinked.

If using Choice Air on a b2b, let the rep know at the time of booking and have both booking numbers available.

Ok, gotcha.

On the Adventure b2b even tho it is treated as two different cruises by RCCL, immigrations treats you as only one voyage as your "home" is still on the ship so only one custom form is presented at the end of your cruise and even though you have two cruises you still only get 1600 if us citizen for allowance each if going thru us virgin islands. Also can only bring on two bottles of wine and if you get off the ship in san juan on turnaround day and bring on two more bottles of wine...you don't see them until the end of the cruise. Now some others brought on four bottles and got away with it...two on each person and going thru the security apart from each other...like several persons apart thru checkpoint...nothing was said. big flag with lady in front of me four bottles in her carryon and she said well i am on for two trips and security said nope..he could only let her take two bottles....now ironically....she could go right over to the liquor store inside and buy another if she wanted cause no scanners once she got on the ship. Go figure. I asked at our meeting for turnaround day again about the wine as I really don't think it is right that I am paying for two separate voyages that I can't be treated as such. Yes i get all the coupons and so forth...but having the difference in customs allowance and also wine if i chose would have been nice. just saying.

Royal allows you to bring on 4 bottles of wine on the first day of a back to back cruise. Here's their FAQ on the subject:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&snav=2&faqId=5447&faqSubjectId=336&faqSubjectName=Food+%26+Beverage&faqType=faq

.now ironically....she could go right over to the liquor store inside and buy another if she wanted cause no scanners once she got on the ship. Go figure.

Actually, on our B2B last month on Brilliance out of San Juan, we bought 2 bottles in the small liquor store in the terminal...and they asked us for our set sail passes so they could enter our room number into their computer. I assume that info gets transmitted to the ship?

We didn't bother buying any the second week, so I can't comment on the 2 vs 4 controversy.

Archived