MDR menu on Formal Nights ? (Summit)

acadian_dad

Been years since we sailed on Celebrity - so keep coming up with questions ...

We are sailing on Summit March 9th - We plan to eat in the MDR most evenings but going to give Qsine and Normandie a whirl one night each and trying to pick nights to reserve.

Wondering if Celebrity does anything special in the MDR or elsewhere on the ship on the formal nights ? Are there receptions (eg. meet the Captain, etc.) before dinner ?

Been years since we sailed on Celebrity - so keep coming up with questions ...

We are sailing on Summit March 9th - We plan to eat in the MDR most evenings but going to give Qsine and Normandie a whirl one night each and trying to pick nights to reserve.

Wondering if Celebrity does anything special in the MDR or elsewhere on the ship on the formal nights ? Are there receptions (eg. meet the Captain, etc.) before dinner ?

Sorry, I can't help you with your question, but I noticed that you were on the same sailing as I am and we have a dynamite roll call going. A very chatty and friendly group. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=36832887#post36832887 Come join us!

I believe it was the second formal night (Thursday) when the Captain's champagne reception was held. The first formal night (Sunday), the beef tornedos on the MDR menu were excellent. Second formal was lobster and beef wellington, the lobster was dry and the puff pastry soggy on the beef, first night was definitely better.

We had a group of 4, we did Qsine on Monday and Normandie on the last evening. Normandie was outstanding, the Grand Marnier souffle was the single best thing we ate all week. The presentation and staff were fun at Qsine but the food was underwhelming, very lacking in seasoning and nothing was really a wow.

Here is a link to the daily menu's. I believe formal nights ar day 2 and 6..

http://www.sjajg.com/travel/cruise2012B/Summit_2012_Bermuda/Summit_Bermuda_2012.html

This forum is an awesome source of information - yet again - thanks ! :D

I'll take a gander at the roll-call but at ~2000 posts, its hard to find time to read and catch up on the discussions :eek:

I had a different opinion of Qsine. It was our first time eating there, and we thought our selections were excellent! It might be that our choices were different - who knows. My DH had always balked at eating there, and this time I convinced him and he said he would definitely go back. We did not eat at Normandy on our recent cruise, and found the food in the MDR good to great, better than some cruises and not quite up to others. Had some other issues with the ship (bad management of the buffet, trouble with the air conditioning for a few days, very lackluster Captains Club host, for example) but from what i hear on recent reviews those all seem to have turned around. I always liked Summit alot so am hoping she is back to normal by now.

Archived