Celebrity Infinity - Oct 24 2013 - T/A Harwich to Miami - Pied Piper sailing

Petert102

thanks for the info. We also look forward to meeting you onboard. Do you know how many from Piedpiper are going? We have about 24 in our group.

Welcome! We look forward to meeting you. You have a pretty large group there!

I'm with the PP group -- they don't tell us in advance how large the group is, but there are probably about ten of us here on the Roll Call, and since most cruisers have never heard of CC, there could be a good number more as well. On our TA with PP last spring, there were about 30 in our group (and I was the only one here on the G&L Roll Call who was with PP).

Judith

Hi Alan We have a group of about 24 going on this cruise. We hope to meet you and your friends onboard. I am sure that with all the people from Piedpiper as well as all of us others, we will have a great time.

Ahoy there - Yes, I'm sure we will have a great time indeed. Looking forward to meeting everyone. Not long to go now :)

Hi Everybody...just thought i would mention we switched hotels in Harwich from the Tower Hotel to the Pier Hotel...looks better and better location.....hope all is well with everyone and counting the days.....Bill

Hi Everybody...just thought i would mention we switched hotels in Harwich from the Tower Hotel to the Pier Hotel...looks better and better location.....hope all is well with everyone and counting the days.....Bill

Most wise, now you can have cocktails with Judith and Eileen, which will make your stay in Harwich a very pleasant one.

Hugz

Peter

Edited by Petert102

Most wise, now you can have cocktails with Judith and Eileen, which will make your stay in Harwich a very pleasant one.

Hugz

Peter

Ha, not having met us yet, you are really going out on a limb there! :)

But I'm sure it will make OUR stay in Harwich more pleasant.

Hey Bill, I am sure we will see you guys that evening. (And great job getting a room at The Pier; folks have been reporting for a while that it was sold out.)

Ha, not having met us yet, you are really going out on a limb there! :)

But I'm sure it will make OUR stay in Harwich more pleasant.

Hey Bill, I am sure we will see you guys that evening. (And great job getting a room at The Pier; folks have been reporting for a while that it was sold out.)

Judith and Eileen

I am sure you are really lovely people. On one of our T/As from San Juan to Barcelona on the Celebrity Summit, we did meet a really nice couple that we had been friendly with on the CC Gay Boards. We met before we sailed at the Atlantic Beach Hotel for Tea Dance Cocktails and they seemed really nice. It was before the Select Dining era on X and it was not a PP crossing, so we suggested that they join us at our table so as to spare them being seated at an "unsuitable" table in the restaurant. BIG MISTAKE, they were almost legless with Martinis every night and had fights and became aggressive drunks. Fortunately, they were so legless that they seldom made dinner !!!!!! They had managed to smuggle bottles and bottles of Vodka onto the ship so were wasted before hitting the Martini Bar in the evening. Also they had water bottles with them round the pool during the day that were filled with Vodka !!!!!

Having said that, I have a feeling that we will love you Gals !!!!!

Mega Hugz

Peter

Edited by Petert102

Judith and Eileen

I am sure you are really lovely people. On one of our T/As from San Juan to Barcelona on the Celebrity Summit, we did meet a really nice couple that we had been friendly with on the CC Gay Boards. We met before we sailed at the Atlantic Beach Hotel for Tea Dance Cocktails and they seemed really nice. It was before the Select Dining era on X and it was not a PP crossing, so we suggested that they join us at our table so as to spare them being seated at an "unsuitable" table in the restaurant. BIG MISTAKE, they were almost legless with Martinis every night and had fights and became aggressive drunks. Fortunately, they were so legless that they seldom made dinner !!!!!! They had managed to smuggle bottles and bottles of Vodka onto the ship so were wasted before hitting the Martini Bar in the evening. Also they had water bottles with them round the pool during the day that were filled with Vodka !!!!!

Having said that, I have a feeling that we will love you Gals !!!!!

Mega Hugz

Peter

Thanks Peter, the feeling is mutual!

That's quite a story! I promise you that neither of us will be smuggling on any vodka nor filling any water bottles with said alcohol. But Eileen has been known to enjoy a martini in the evening.... ;)

Tom and I will surely join you for a martini or two!!! PS....Peter we booked yesterday at the Thistle Marble Arch!! Michael

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Guys

We are booking tomorrow for the Marble Arch Thistle and hopefully Novenas in the Grotto of the C of Q

Hugz

Peter

Hello everybody:

Tomorrow I fly to Barcelona and will embark on a two week cruise in the Mediterranean Sea. I'll be on Serenade of the Seas.

I've never been to this part of the world and really looking forward to it.

I'll check in with you when I return.

Glenn

Hello everybody:

Tomorrow I fly to Barcelona and will embark on a two week cruise in the Mediterranean Sea. I'll be on Serenade of the Seas.

I've never been to this part of the world and really looking forward to it.

I'll check in with you when I return.

Glenn

Hi Glenn,

Have a fabulous time!! We did a Med cruise several years ago (also out of Barcelona), and really loved the trip. Are you spending any time in Barcelona before or after the cruise so you can see the city?

Have a wonderful trip!

Judith

Tom and I will surely join you for a martini or two!!! PS....Peter we booked yesterday at the Thistle Marble Arch!! Michael

We are finally booked for UK Hotels, three nights at the Brighton Thistle Hotel, three nights at the Marble Arch Thistle. Car Service from Heathrow to Brighton and Cruise Bus from the Marble Arch Thistle to Harwich. Finally feel as if we are on our way as all is paid for, just have to do the check in for Celebrity, Check in for the AA flight to London and tell the banks we will be using ATM and Credit cards...and naturally packing, but that is the easy part.

Michael and Tom, we will see you in the wonderous Grotto at the City of Quebec.....hopefully the Goddess of Flowing Booze will grant us a vision of lovliness down there

Mega Hugz to All

Peter

Edited by Petert102

Glenn, have a wonderful trip. We love Barcelona. Peter. We are all set and paid for too. Including 2 days in our beloved Ft Lauderdale after the cruise. I guess I better buy travel insurance!!! Michael.

Hi everyone -- Almost 2 months to the day of embarkation!

I'm quite envious of Bill (imwmflyme)... I keep checking The Pier website and it always says no availability for the 23rd! Lucky men. I'm still stuck in the Premier Inn budget motel (what Peter has termed the "double wide")... :-(

Anyway, I had another question for those who've done a TA at this time of year... what are the temperatures usually like on the crossing sea days? Just trying to get a sense of what to pack... The route seems to be far enough south to warrant shorts and T's on deck most of the time?

Any advice welcome.

Thanks,

Chris (who is presently suffering a 48 degrees Celsius day in the Middle East...)

I'm quite envious of Bill (imwmflyme)... I keep checking The Pier website and it always says no availability for the 23rd! Lucky men. I'm still stuck in the Premier Inn budget motel (what Peter has termed the "double wide")... :-(

Anyway, I had another question for those who've done a TA at this time of year... what are the temperatures usually like on the crossing sea days? Just trying to get a sense of what to pack... The route seems to be far enough south to warrant shorts and T's on deck most of the time?

Any advice welcome.

Thanks,

Chris (who is presently suffering a 48 degrees Celsius day in the Middle East...)

Hi Chris,

Weather should be OK - maybe mid 20's as we head out of Lisbon to upper 20's near Florida. Try ringing the Pier. Tee site showed full but when I called, they had a room.

Russ

Any advice welcome.

Thanks,

Chris

Now that the Pubs in London are open 'til all hours, would it not be wiser to jump on the Heathrow Express and you would be at the Marble Arch Thistle within a hour of landing ( always assuming that your plane does not touch down minutes after PIA, Bangladesh Biman, Air India or Jet Airways in which case you will be tied up for hours ), all twitching and aflutter, ready for the action of the City of Quebec, so conveniently located right under the Hotel, where Tom, Michael, Howard, Paul and I will be squeezed into the wonderous Grotto awaiting a vision, hopefully to be supplied by the benevolent Alcohol Goddess. The Bus service for the Harwich Cruise Ship Terminal pick us up at 7:40 the very next morning right at the Hotel, our trip to Harwich includes a shopping stop at some Mall to buy those necessaries ( wine, shampoo, listerine, and those essential male accessories, that you will require on the voyage. The Bus is THE PERFECT place to sleep and recover from your flight and the night of breathless excitement in the C of Q Grotto the nite before....Sure beats your "Doublewide" and a restless night in one of those really tiny single beds, with polyester sheets, so favored by Brit Hotels!!!!!!

Mega Hugz

Peter

Edited by Petert102

Thanks guys :)

@Peter, not worth making that big a change... car to Harwich is already paid for...and I get in so late.

@Russ, I've called several times. They say "check the website regularly" as they get cancellations... lol!

Since I get in to Harwich after midnight... I can handle the conditions described by Peter for a few hours.... I will have just left a 2 months in a tent... so has to be a step up :D

Best, Chris

Any advice welcome.

Thanks,

Hi Chris,

This will be our first fall (WB) TA, so I can't speak from experience about the temps, but on a spring (EB) TA last year, when we were sailing across waters that did not have any summer warmth (obviously), it was still comfortable wearing shorts around the ship much of the time, even when the air was a bit chilly. We were surprised by this and are definitely bringing more shorts this time.

I do not envy you at 48 degrees C. UGH!!!

Judith

Thanks guys :)

@Peter, not worth making that big a change... car to Harwich is already paid for...and I get in so late.

@Russ, I've called several times. They say "check the website regularly" as they get cancellations... lol!

Since I get in to Harwich after midnight... I can handle the conditions described by Peter for a few hours.... I will have just left a 2 months in a tent... so has to be a step up :D

Best, Chris

Better pack your Fur Coat, Mink Stole and your Beaver Muff , make sure that they have been properly aired to get rid of the odor of all those mothballs !!! After the land of the date palms and living in tents, you are just going to freeze your butt off running around the airconditioned ship in shorts and T-shirt but I must say the idea may have its attraction for the rest of us !!!!!

Hugz

Peter

Edited by Petert102

Thanks all. Guess I'll have to pack that extra bag afterall... :rolleyes:

Am looking forward to the shopping as a way to anticipate the trip :D

Cooler today here... dropped to 40 degrees ;)

Best, Chris

Thanks all. Guess I'll have to pack that extra bag afterall..

Am looking forward to the shopping ???? as a way to anticipate the trip :D

Cooler today here... dropped to 40 degrees ;)

Best, Chris

I was unaware that the Amman Souk carried all the Designer Labels so essential to the Couture of any self respecting Gay Gent, things must have dramatically improved since I was last there. 40 F !!!! is getting just a tad close to freezing point, you poor dear, you must be getting into training for the airconditioned ship, LOL :):):):cool: !!!!!

Mega Hugz

Peter

Edited by Petert102

At last we are on the under two months stage of the countdown. I have posted a long post of what to do in La Rochelle and another for you retail Queens on Shopping in the various Ports of Call on the Main Board

Hugz

Peter