Deck 8 V1 balcony cabins Noise from Pool deck?

LN50

We are considering a deck 8 V1 Balcony cabin. I have tried to search the forum but not come up with the answer.

I did wonder if there was any disturbance from the pool deck as in early morning movement of sunbeds ? I am a light sleeper, but late riser.

Also what about interconnecting staterooms are they more noisy than a stand alone? is it a two way lockable door?

Many thanks in advance for your help. I know someone will enlighten me. :)

I think a lot depends on what your itinerary is. We are doing the Med in mid April, and suspect there will not be a bunch of people lining up and grabbing deck chairs. We looked at the same thing before booking 8068 on the Quest, but figured this was a port intensive cruise and we would be off the ship most days whilst in port. We also figured that it will still be a little cool to be out on deck in the morning that time of year as well.

If this was in the Caribbean, we probably would have decided on deck 7 instead just to be safe.

...Also what about interconnecting staterooms are they more noisy than a stand alone? is it a two way lockable door?...

Yes on both counts.

We had a connecting veranda room on Deck 7 on Quest and noise definitely transferred more than in a non-connecting room. Our neighbours were by no means rowdy, but we heard them talking, watching TV, even when they used the hairdryer. The room was also laid out slightly differently. Because the connecting door must remain unobstructed, there was an armchair rather than a loveseat and the occasional table was smaller than usual. These are minor differences but we would not book a connecting room in the future.

There was a fair amount of noise from above our mid-ship cabin in April/May last year but not from guests shifting deck chairs around at that hour - it had to be from cleaning. That said, we've chosen an 8th deck mid-ship suite for our upcoming cruise because the size & location of the suite is very very nice. The noise didn't bother us all that much. Perhaps they should do that cleaning between ~8 & 10PM....

We had a cabin in the front of the ship on the quest. I think the number was 8000 and it was right under the acupuncture room. Very quiet at all times.

That's good news - we've booked cabin 8000 on the Journey for the cruise to Dubai later in the year. I looked at the deckplans before booking and thought that this should be a quiet cabin - nice to have it confirmed. :)

If you're just taking a Veranda cabin, why not stay on Deck 7?

Deck 8 is a bit of a crapshoot wrt noise issues.

My last suite was near the Windows Galley overhead and there was a tremendous amount of noise after midnight and before 7am. I wouldn't do it again.

Previous cruises on Deck 7 were virtually silent.

We are considering a deck 8 V1 Balcony cabin. I have tried to search the forum but not come up with the answer.

I did wonder if there was any disturbance from the pool deck as in early morning movement of sunbeds ? I am a light sleeper, but late riser.

Also what about interconnecting staterooms are they more noisy than a stand alone? is it a two way lockable door?

Many thanks in advance for your help. I know someone will enlighten me. :)

We have experienced the deck 8 cabins/suites just below the pool deck are only a bit noisy when there is a special event occurring on the deck and furniture is being moved about for set up.

Connecting rooms are limited for seating since the connecting door is usually in the location where a loveseat (2 seating area) would be. So because of the connecting door our recent cabin had only a chair instead of a sofa. That left only one comfy chair for sitting and the second passenger had to sit in the desk/vanity chair or the bed. We were not "connected"to the other cabin so the door was never used but it was inconvenient to have only one comfy chair. The doors are two way lockable doors. The noise was not a factor for us but could be if the adjoining cabin was "noisy"

Deck 7 cabins across from the Self Service Laundry ( #'s 7070-7080) could be noisy in the early morning hour just before opening time, should passengers arrive and cue up to get in first to the machines.

We did not have the experience but friends who traveled with us last year were greatly annoyed by the chatter in the hallway early in the morning and reported it to the management. A letter of apology was received along with a gift basket of fruit and wine.

Archived