B2B on Brilliance, are we allowed 2 bottles of wine or 4.

kernow

We are doing a B2B out of San Juan in March and plan on taking some wine for our balcony. I know it has to be in our carry on luggage but are we allowed just 2 bottles or 4 as we will be on board for 2 cruises.

I'd especially appreciate advise from someone who has sailed from San Juan since the new rule started.

Thanks,

Julie

Actually when we sailed out of San Juan well before the new rule allowing wine, due to the nature of the duty free shops just prior to boarding, we were encouraged to buy wine and the shopkeeper told us they had some type of agreement with the cruise lines to allow us to carry it on board. So we actually purchased three bottles and brought it on board. For luggage and in your case if you have a favorite, I'd just put two in each luggage. The worse is two will be returned the last night of your first cruise. And if the shops still operate the same as they did in 2008, walk off and pick up another two bottles in the port. I'd get off the ship between the sailings, San Juan is an easy walk around.

We are doing a B2B out of San Juan in March and plan on taking some wine for our balcony. I know it has to be in our carry on luggage but are we allowed just 2 bottles or 4 as we will be on board for 2 cruises.

I'd especially appreciate advise from someone who has sailed from San Juan since the new rule started.

Thanks,

Julie

You are allowed 2 bottles per cruise. If they don't let you bring on all 4 initially, they are supposed to take 2 and give them back at the start of the second cruise.

Archived