Sun Princess: Hong Kong to Yokohama

Cookson

It seems the asia board is mostly quiet, so I'm posting this here for perhaps better help.

Hey.

We're thinking about doing this 7 night cruise from Hong Kong to Yokohama onboard the Sun Princess. What cruise port/pier does the Sun Princess usuallly dock at in Hong Kong? Also, are cabs able to ge to this port(I've heard in some instances cabs can't get to the ports/piers). Is it better to stay at a hotel near the port, or by the airport?(It's a 40 minute drive).

The cruise arrives in Yokohama... we probably won't be able to spend the day there(still debating this)... so which airport is closer to the port/pier in Yokohama; Haneda or Narita?

It seems the asia board is mostly quiet, so I'm posting this here for perhaps better help.

Hey.

We're thinking about doing this 7 night cruise from Hong Kong to Yokohama onboard the Sun Princess. What cruise port/pier does the Sun Princess usuallly dock at in Hong Kong? Also, are cabs able to ge to this port(I've heard in some instances cabs can't get to the ports/piers). Is it better to stay at a hotel near the port, or by the airport?(It's a 40 minute drive).

The cruise arrives in Yokohama... we probably won't be able to spend the day there(still debating this)... so which airport is closer to the port/pier in Yokohama; Haneda or Narita?

Haneda Airport is much closer to Yokohama than Narita.

But getting to Haneda can be a challenge.

If you are able to carry your own bags onto the Train or Monorail to Haneda, there is very little challenge. If not, a taxi to Haneda can be very expensive.

Haneda Airport is very nice - and not so busy - but if you are flying to North America, most flights are either late at night or very early in the morning. Trains and Monorail to Haneda do not operate between 11pm and 6am.

Narita is 100 km further north of Yokohama, but access is very good and very fast.

Flights are frequent and operating 24/7.

Hey.

Been a couple of years since I was in Hong Kong - beautiful city! I belive that the cruise ships all dock at the Ocean Terminal in Victoria Harbor in the southwest corner of Kowloon. Taxis are everywhere so getting to / from pier should not be a problem. (Easy access to pier for walking or taxis to drop you off). Just remember to enter a red colored taxi, green colored taxis take you out of Hong Kong.

Transportation from airport (Hong Kong International) is extremely easy. Taxis are plentiful and there is always the Airport Express Link (train) from the airport to central business district. If you have a choice stay overnight in Hong Kong. The city is magnificent at night and most hotels offer some type of limo/car service to pick you up.

Last time in HK we stayed at the Conrad. They have a check in station at the Airport where we were provided hot towels to freshen up, bottles of water and a limo to the hotel. Now thar was service! Hope you enjoy your cruise. If you need any additional info. about Hong Kong let me know.

Archived