Costa Atlantica

Cookson

Hey guys/gals,

We're currently looking at asia cruises and found this one aboard the Costa Atlantica. Ship thoughts? It leaves from Shanghai, China.. so is the port simply called "Port of Shanghai"?

When does Costa usually put up their full 2014 schedule? We are looking to book for October 2014.

Any other thoughts on this specific cruise would be wonderful... ports of call:

Departs From Shanghai, China visiting Jeju City, Jeju-Do, (Cheju-Do), South Korea >> Fukuoka, Japan >> Kagoshima, Japan

Hi there..

We cruised the Med on the Atlantica in Nov 2011 and she's a lovely ship, though the decor was a bit over the top....lots of colours, mirrors, glass, a bit Las Vegas like....Still everything was lovely and in good order, with wonderful crew as usual.

We visited Shanghai last May on the C Victoria but unfortunately i cannot remember the name of the port (I keep a diary but didn't write it in :() I know it was the first visit for Costa to this new port and they had a big celebration on the pier, with all the dignitaries complete with fireworks. There is another port in Shanghai, much more central to the city, bu the size of this ship wouldn't allow us to enter. (not sure if its still used)....so I haven't been much help there. Contact Costa and they should tell you the name.

• 3 weeks later...

We booked MSC Atlantica from Singapore to Shanghai in June 2013. It is 14 days. We spent a lot on air and everything else. Now 3 month away from the sailing, the rumors said the whole itinerary is cancelled. We called the cruise line many times, they still have no clue on what is going to happen.

All Asia trip is uncertain. I heard some rich people bought the whole ship for the summer. So the ship will go whereever the rich people want to.

We cruised with many cruise line before. This is the first time we booked with COSTA and it is for sure the last.

I have posted a new thread on the forum.

Be aware of this cruise line and especially the Asia trip.

We booked MSC Atlantica from Singapore to Shanghai in June 2013. It is 14 days. We spent a lot on air and everything else. Now 3 month away from the sailing, the rumors said the whole itinerary is cancelled. We called the cruise line many times, they still have no clue on what is going to happen.

All Asia trip is uncertain. I heard some rich people bought the whole ship for the summer. So the ship will go whereever the rich people want to.

We cruised with many cruise line before. This is the first time we booked with COSTA and it is for sure the last.

I have posted a new thread on the forum.

Be aware of this cruise line and especially the Asia trip.

ngrow

MSC is a different cruise company :cool:

Is it the Costa Atlantica ???????

Hi everyone,

My partner and I have booked onto the Costa Atlantica on

June 8th - June 15th

We have paid everything in full, airfares, pre cruise accommodation and after the cruise accommodation, excursions, MRT passes etc...

We booked the remainder of our holiday, as soon as we received our Booking confirmation for Costa, and thought that it was just all smooth sailing...

WRONG!

We have now found out?, just through me looking into the MY COSTA site that we are booked onto a totally different Cruise?

I tried for 3 Days to get some answers, but still nothing?

They have canceled the Cruise in Singapore from the 12th June, and instead of the Malacca Straight, they are going over to Hong Kong...

If the dates where the same, it would of been ok, but unfortunately the day that we are to fly back to Aus, we would still be on the ship.. Oh yes, and the cruise ends in Taiwan, not singapore.

We do not have insurance..

We stand to loose thousands.. :(

Is there any one else on here that is booked onto this cruise...

Is there normally a good result at the end when this happens?

Cheers Heidi

Hi everyone,

My partner and I have booked onto the Costa Atlantica on

June 8th - June 15th

We have paid everything in full, airfares, pre cruise accommodation and after the cruise accommodation, excursions, MRT passes etc...

We booked the remainder of our holiday, as soon as we received our Booking confirmation for Costa, and thought that it was just all smooth sailing...

WRONG!

We have now found out?, just through me looking into the MY COSTA site that we are booked onto a totally different Cruise?

I tried for 3 Days to get some answers, but still nothing?

They have canceled the Cruise in Singapore from the 12th June, and instead of the Malacca Straight, they are going over to Hong Kong...

If the dates where the same, it would of been ok, but unfortunately the day that we are to fly back to Aus, we would still be on the ship.. Oh yes, and the cruise ends in Taiwan, not singapore.

We do not have insurance..

We stand to loose thousands.. :(

Is there any one else on here that is booked onto this cruise...

Is there normally a good result at the end when this happens?

Cheers Heidi

:mad: I know how you feel, my sailing from Shanghai was withdrawn for 3rd November and i have been given an alternative sailing on 11th October, diffrent ship as it is Costa Atlantica but have been advised the itinery is the same. I haddone the same as you, booked all my flights hotels etc and had the ammend them. I also had no insurance so had to bear the costs myself. It pays you to take out a good insurance policy to protect all eventualities instead of just the standard travel insurance. I think that it is a disgrace Costa can do what they have done and do this regularly, it does not seem to happen with other lines...I hope you are able to sort things out and that it wont cost you too much - good luck

• 2 months later...

My Brother is heading to cruise on the Atlantica His first cruise Lives In Australia Does anyone know if he can use an AU plug to recharge He tells me that he thinks the adapter he uses is only from Au to UK

Difficult when I am in the UK See the voltage etc and see this I do think that adapter will do. They leave 11pm AU time Would be grateful for any reply.

Sue

Thanks for the information. They have Australian plugs but when I was on X I could plug in things using one of my adaptor. Mine is for world covering every country.

They will be in the air just now but I told them to but a new travel adapter at the Airport

Thanks again

Sue

Archived