Last cruise for us?

cruzincat50

Hi There

Fully understand the flying thing, can not recall the last time we flew

and one of us did not catch something, lucky for us it has been on return

flights the past few cruises, but not always,

being ill in an inside is not nice,

yours Shogun

L202 is a balcony cabin so unless I wrote down the wrong cabin number...

Sorry that the OP had a miserable time, but why not consider it an one-off, especially if you haven't been sick on other cruises. On my two Mexican Riviera cruises, I was sick with a hay fever reaction both times after being in Puerto Vallerta, but that may have been due to the way they burn their trash (which was going on both times). On the second cruise, I stayed in bed while we were in Cabo (my hubby went into port with our 5-year-old so at least he had some fun). We've both have had sinus congestion while on cruises, and I did have some the first couple of days on our Hawaiian cruise (we got off of the Golden the day the OP got on), and I realized that somehow I'd only packed six Sudafed:eek:. At our first port, I bought a box of Sudafed, but fortunately I was okay the rest of the cruise. But I still had tons of fun even with those red pills coursing through my system.

We had an inside cabin, but we usually get them or an OV, never a balcony. As I'm a white-knuckle flyer, we haven't been on a plane in over ten years (last time we've sailed out of a port other than LA, we've taken the train), but we do have three itineraries on our dream cruise list -- and all would require flying. I'm certainly not going to refuse to go if we decide to book one of these as I could be missing out on the best vacation ever.

Last night, my hubby came home from work (he does work Sundays) and found out one of his workers was feeling iffy in the tummy this weekend. So we're hoping it's just food poisoning and not this bad noro that's going around (the former just means a day feeling bad and isn't contagious, and the latter means several days and is contagious).

Again, you can still get sick on any type of vacation.

Oh, this is definitely not a cruise to be in a far forward cabin. We were waitlisted for our cruise and kept being offered far forward cabins, and turned them down. Finally got offered an aft inside on the Aloha deck and it was fine for me, despite my tendency to motion sickness.

We would have never booked a forward cabin, but our friends let us know they were on this cruise and we decided to come along. By the time we tried to book it we couldn't get a guaranteed cabin with our usual TA. The wife tried Priceline and lo and behold they had one available. Probably the last one on the ship. Turns out the sailing was even overbooked.

Our friends were on the Empress deck all the yay in the starboard/aft corner. We couldn't have been further away, but, as it turns out, it benefitted them, since they never contracted the bug from us.

Archived