Help me pick a room on Constellation?

tammymacb

I'm an experienced cruiser, but I've only sailed Celebrity once - a long time ago on the Zenith.

My DH and I usually cruise with my DD, so we've been on Carnival, DCL, RCCL multiple times.

I booked a cruise on the Constellation today. My husband and I will be sailing alone. My DS(ister) and her family will be in a separate cabin.

I'd originally booked an AquaSpa room. But, after reading here, don't think I'll need it. I don't *love* the spa. And, I plan to eat dinner with my sister every evening in the dining room, and she's not AquaSpa class, so she couldn't eat in Blue..(and I want to spend time with her more than I want to eat in Blue alone)..

So, I've looked at the deck plans and can't really decide if I should go with a concierge room or a regular veranda. I don't see the perks of concierge that would be available with DCL ( lounge, included cocktail hours, included mini bar ) and so I'm stuck.

I'd love some more seasoned X cruisers opinion on what I should book.

Thanks.

One very real advantage of Concierge Class for new Celebrity travelers like us is that you receive an extra cruise credit towards your Captain's Club account. We also enjoyed the extra cabin space and the larger table on the balcony. It made eating breakfast out there very comfortable.

find a cabin you like then see what class it is we were on the infinity and had a hump cabin with an angled veranda was very nice but the folks next too us as were CC and had a standard balcony. You don't want the top floor due to possible noise, not do you want to be under anything but another cabin, port or starboard just depends on where you are cruising and how warm or cool it will be do you like morning sun or afternoon. The CC actual perks are pretty small and at least on the Reflection they seemed to have taken cabins in the least desirable locations and made them aqua class.

Thanks for all the replies! I so appreciate it!

I know about not being above/below public areas and the pros/cons of aft/forward/mid. The X specific info is awesome.

I'm sailing concierge on the Disney Fantasy this summer- we'll be known as the Poor family when we board and they call out our names...:eek: But, Disney concierge seems to have several more material perks.

In this case, I don't know that I'd use X perks enough to justify concierge. So, I'm off to check out the info on the deck 6 forward cabins.

Thanks!

I chose an aft concierge class for our Constellation cruise. If you aren't interested in concierge class, look for the 8 forward balcony rooms on deck six, they have larger balconies.

I just switched my booking to room 6001. Thanks!

Archived