Balcony Cabins on the Riviera

msmeltz

The balconies at the front and rear of deck 7 seem to be much wider than the rest.

Does anyone know why?

They should be more desirable, yet they are the least expensive balcony cabins.

Has anyone stayed in one?

b_130711.jpg

The Verandas get wider both at the front AND the back of Deck 7.

110805.jpg At the back of the ship, this is because that section of deck 7 sits over

the Grand Dining Room, which is one of the largest of the public rooms. Those are the Dining Room Windows, just aft of the lifeboats on deck 6.

073334.jpg

110530.jpg Similarly, at the front of the ship, that section of deck 7 sits over

crew accommodations which stretch the full width of the ship.

The "Extended Veranda Cabins", as they have come to be called, have enjoyed a resounding popularity ever since Marina and Riviera were launched.

Although they are presently category B4, and among the least expensive veranda cabins, as of December 3rd of this year, they are being recategorized

as B3 to reflect that popularity.

We were in a PH3 category 7128 and the balcony is very deep. It's also wide because the PH3s are bigger cabins. I would have liked the size if it had chaises (which ours did not), but truthfully I felt the depth supurfluous for only 2 of us. And when at the rail you can be seen by all above.

On the other hand, I love when I can look straight down at the sea which we could in this cabin. The same would be true for the standard cabins with the deep balcony, but you would experience more of a tunnel effect.

I love that location on the ship. You have no traffic going by of course and it's easy access to almost everything.

We were in a PH3 category 7128 and the balcony is very deep. It's also wide because the PH3s are bigger cabins. I would have liked the size if it had chaises (which ours did not),

You could have asked for loungers

The balconies at the front and rear of deck 7 seem to be much wider than the rest.

Does anyone know why?

They should be more desirable, yet they are the least expensive balcony cabins.

Has anyone stayed in one?

I have stayed in a rear B4 extended balcony cabin & have booked the same cabin for an upcoming cruise. We asked for lounge chairs & enjoyed the extra outdoor space. For more privacy we sat under the overhang, we never felt looked upon... The rear cabins are conveniently located, a quick flight down to the dining room. There are 4 cabins that have 2 open sides: aft-7111, 7108, forward-7008?, 7009? I prefer an extended balcony rather than a concierge cabin.

• 2 months later...

We just took our first cruise ever. After much research and a leap of faith, we chose Oceania Rivera, Caribbean Hideaways. We were in a Concierge level in room 9089. I kept seeing a very interesting room when I enjoyed our balcony. It was room 7111. (Took me a bit of investigation to work it out..) anyway, we are booked in that room for our Mayan Mystique cruise next March. We never used our free ironing cards, and enjoyed the Terrace Waves or Grand Dinging room for breakfast. (Didnt use the hot room service breakfast) we will miss the Spa Level,benefit, but we also choose the extended (and open) balcony over concierge level.

• 1 month later...
We just took our first cruise ever. After much research and a leap of faith, we chose Oceania Rivera, Caribbean Hideaways. We were in a Concierge level in room 9089. I kept seeing a very interesting room when I enjoyed our balcony. It was room 7111. (Took me a bit of investigation to work it out..) anyway, we are booked in that room for our Mayan Mystique cruise next March. We never used our free ironing cards, and enjoyed the Terrace Waves or Grand Dinging room for breakfast. (Didnt use the hot room service breakfast) we will miss the Spa Level,benefit, but we also choose the extended (and open) balcony over concierge level.

rather eat out than in any time... and having a almost 100 sq ft balcony way larger than even the penthouses, more sun better view too, that is priceless

Archived