Last Minute Cruise Insurance...is it possible?

huskyla27

We are taking our first cruise May of 2013. We put down our down payment Nov of 2012. I didn't think we needed insurance but now as we are getting closer I think i might want to buy. Does anyone have advise on what type of package we should get. We are 36 and 28 years of age, the only pre existing condition is my BF has a little back pain.

We just want insurance in case we need to cancel last minute if we need and get a full refund.

Any help would be great!

Here's a good place to start

http://www.travelinsurancebasics.com/howmuch.php

However, it sounds like from what I read in your post, you're just looking for some way to share the risk in case you just want to cancel at the last minute and receive a full refund.... That's not going to happen.

If you just want to cancel at last minute and get something back,,, then a "Cancel for Any Reason" rider on your policy would be a requirement. Downside to this,,,, more expensive, usually only a 50 to 75% CREDIT to a future cruise is issued, and must cancel 48 hours prior to beginning of trip.

Then again, travel insurance covers so much more than just a cancellation. When you read through the above link, have a better idea of what you're looking for, and have more specific questions to ask,,,, come back. There are some very knowledgable folks on this board waiting to help.

Archived