balcony breakfast/dinner

emmylou

Am I reading this wrong? I downloaded the cruise answer book and it says there is a 25 dollar charge

for breakfast on your balcony and a 100 dollar charge for dinner on your balcony, isn't this considered as room service? Do you have to pay for meals in your room. I am new to Princess and have read how great it is to have

breakfast on your balcony,has anyone ever paid for it?????

emmylou

Thanks Largin.

We would like to try it.From all the good reports we have read of Princess cruise ships and thier staff we are really looking forward to this cruise.

emmylou

Princess no longer does room service dinners from the dining room menu. This was a huge disappointment to us. There is a room service menu which has only soup, salads and sandwiches. We always looked forward to skipping a formal night and dining in our room or on the balcony. I suppose they want to sell their dinner balcony special...either that or it became too cumbersome a proposition for the crew. I miss it!!!! Breakfast is a different matter. I think that you can still order hot breakfasts from room service even though the menu in your room does not specify hot breakfast.

We returned from the Caribbean Princess last month. Below is my review of the balcony dinner. It was wonderful and one of the highlights of the cruise.

Balcony Dinner- I had decided before we left that this was something special I wanted to do for our 29th wedding anniversary. It was worth every penny. When I made the reservations they asked what kind of cocktail we wanted and how we wanted our steaks cooked. When the time came the table on our balcony was set with a white tablecloth, flowers, and china. We began the meal with little hors d'oeuvres and cocktails. There was a split of Champagne as well. The appetizer was crab quiche that was delicious. Then one the prettiest and tastiest salads I ever had. This was followed by the main course featuring lobster tails and filet. Followed by a triple chocolate mousse with berries. And, because it was an anniversary they also brought out a cake! Needless to say we couldn’t eat it all but did taste everything. We had a waiter the entire time, he came to check up on us to see if we needed anything but left us to ourselves to eat. I almost forgot, a photographer came to take pictures and one was included with the dinner. We also took pictures with out own camera. It was a very special dinner and I am very glad we did it. (The pictures were being held for us in the picture gallery behind the counter the next day)

Thanks all

edeco

That was quite a review and just about answered my question.By the way happy anniversary.

We will be celebrating a milestone anniversary when we cruise next year

number 55.We may not be spring chickens but we can still party with the best of them and at times outlasted them, and we are not cranky old people

just an older couple that know how to have a good time.

emmylou

When we went on the Star in November 2004, we always brought stuff from the Horizon to our balcony. We only ate in the dining room one night and decided that the Horizon Court was more our speed. Sometimes we ate down there and sometimes we ate on our balcony, but we always brought dessert back to eat in the moonlight. We did the same for breakfast some days as well. On the last sea day we ordered hotdogs and hamburgers from room service and ate them on our balcony. Just wish I could have brought Kris our steward home with us, he was great and I loved not having to clean!

Karen

We had the balcony breakfest on the Sun in January and it was great...a lot of really good food...more than the 2 of us could eat.It features a half-bottle (or split) of non-vintage Moet & Chandon White Star champagne which immediately made me want to return to bed for a nap:rolleyes: .There was also a great crab quiche,alaskan king crab legs,a huge sampling of tasty mini muffins and scones and fresh fruit.

Tasty and well worth the $12.50/pp charge.Too much food for us especially since it was formal night and I was trying to set my personal best cruiseship lobster tail eating record.I remember being quite full that day but being the professional that I am (don't try this at home kids),I still managed to pound 18 tails to set the current record.

We had the balcony breakfest on the Sun in January and it was great...a lot of really good food...more than the 2 of us could eat.It features a half-bottle (or split) of non-vintage Moet & Chandon White Star champagne which immediately made me want to return to bed for a nap:rolleyes: .There was also a great crab quiche,alaskan king crab legs,a huge sampling of tasty mini muffins and scones and fresh fruit.

Tasty and well worth the $12.50/pp charge.

Same food and deal on the Diamond Alaska cruise--an excellent way to see Tracy Arm ($20 last year).

Les

We will be celebrating a milestone anniversary when we cruise next year number 55.We may not be spring chickens but we can still party with the best of them and at times outlasted them, and we are not cranky old people

just an older couple that know how to have a good time.

emmylou

Emmylou, you are my hero! 55 years of marriage and still touring the world together! We'll be on a honeymoon cruise next May. Here's hoping we can sail in your wake.

Have a wonderful cruise.

Archived