Midnight Buffet & Shows....

BMICKEY

Hi All,

We will be going on our second Princess cruise for our 20th anniversary on April 20th aboard the Sapphire Princess to Mexico - very excited since our honeymoon was on NCL to Mexico.

I have a couple of questions that I was unable to locate on any threads....

Does Princess offer midnight buffets? Disney stopped doing this a couple of years ago except for a buffet after the Pirates in the Caribbean deck party and fireworks. It's kinda fun to snack on goodies after have fun at the clubs.

What type of shows are offered in the main show room and the adults only lounges? I can't remember when we went on our first Princess cruise what they were like.

We booked a CAT II and are hoping for an upgrade. Anybody have any experience with this?

Also, any advice or tips you can offer would be greatly appreciated! :o

Princess hasn't had a Midnight buffet for decades. Instead, the buffet was open 24/7. A year or so ago, the buffet was closed at about 11:00pm as very few people were there and keeping staff and food available was expensive. If the ship has an International Cafe, it's open 24/7 as is room service.

A wide variety of entertainment is available every evening. I think the only "adults only" lounge is Skywalkers at night but as I've never been there after dinner, I'm not sure. It's a nightclub from about 9pm on. There is either a production show, a magician, a comedian or some other act in the Princess Theater. Elsewhere on the ship are bands, piano players, trivia games and other entertainment.

Princess hasn't had a Midnight buffet for decades. Instead, the buffet was open 24/7. A year or so ago, the buffet was closed at about 11:00pm as very few people were there and keeping staff and food available was expensive. If the ship has an International Cafe, it's open 24/7 as is room service.

A wide variety of entertainment is available every evening. I think the only "adults only" lounge is Skywalkers at night but as I've never been there after dinner, I'm not sure. It's a nightclub from about 9pm on. There is either a production show, a magician, a comedian or some other act in the Princess Theater. Elsewhere on the ship are bands, piano players, trivia games and other entertainment.

Thanks for the info! I look up the cafe....taking notes so when we get onboard, we don't forget anything!;)

If you are asking abour "R" and "X" rated shows, there are none on Princess.

That wasn't even close to what I was asking :eek: On the Disney ships, you have a Broadway style show or comedy act in the Main showroom for families. Later in the evening, the adults can go to the "adults only" section of the ship and enjoy cocktails or watch a show in the cabaret style bar with comedians that may say slightly off-color jokes but nothing "R" or "X" rated.

I was simply trying to figure out what kind of shows were offered on the ship since I don't recall from 6 years ago....

Archived