Radiance of the seas Balcony Cabin

Mikey22

Hi,

Has anyone been in a Forward Balcony suite on Radiance of the Seas deck 7?

7014 specifically.

It appears to have a deeper Balcony and does not look over the cover on the Tenders.

Any thoughts or Pics would be appreciated.

We like these balconies as they are much deeper than the standard balconies.

Be aware that the extra 3 feet (or so) of depth at the railing is not private, as the partition height only comes to the waist. The normal depth area has a full partitions, but the extension portion partition is not of standard height. Hard for me to explain – except to tell you that if you stand at the rail, everyone in the bank of cabins will see you, and you can see them.

There is greater privacy closer to the cabin sliding door. We never consider any balcony private so this does not present any issue for us. We’ve been in this type of cabin several times and would not hesitate to sail in it again.

Perhaps someone has a photo.

BTW – we’ve also been on Deck 7 over the tenders and contrary to other’s complaints we had none.

M

Thanks M,

Great to get some info on these Cabins,

The Privacy thing is not an issue for us at all.

Did you get two chairs and a table on the Balcony or was there more chairs?

Can’t remember the number of balcony chairs - likely just two as we were two in the cabin.

M

Hi,

Has anyone been in a Forward Balcony suite on Radiance of the Seas deck 7?

7014 specifically.

It appears to have a deeper Balcony and does not look over the cover on the Tenders.

Any thoughts or Pics would be appreciated.

Just so you are not disappointed but 7014 is not categorized as a suite. It is a Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom.

Those photos show that “non private” divider railing area. Now, just to confuse things, that photo seem to be a very forward cabin, and mot all others will not have the closed in circular area on the balcony, but will have the exposed railing on both sides.

M

Those photos show that “non private” divider railing area. Now, just to confuse things, that photo seem to be a very forward cabin, and mot all others will not have the closed in circular area on the balcony, but will have the exposed railing on both sides.

M

That's right, we have the very first Balcony on deck 7, there are about four Cabins forward of us but they just have windows rather than Balconies.

I was not sure if I liked it when I saw it but in hindsight it will be ok I think.

Is 9588 a good cabin on the Radiance? I'm getting conflicting views on it. Some say it's a good cabin because it's a "hump" cabin, with more views of both ends of the ship than the other cabins. Others say it has a smaller balcony and the views could be blocked by the life rafts.

Radiance decks 8 and 9 extend out further and are well beyond the lifeboat which aren't below the hump anyway. Location for balcony 9588, which is on the extreme outside, is indicated by arrow. It's balcony may be slightly smaller that a regular D1 because of the curvature of the hump but it is not significantly.

[ATTACH]259067[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]259068[/ATTACH]

Is 9588 a good cabin on the Radiance? I'm getting conflicting views on it. Some say it's a good cabin because it's a "hump" cabin, with more views of both ends of the ship than the other cabins. Others say it has a smaller balcony and the views could be blocked by the life rafts.

If I have identified the cabin correctly (arrow) you should have a good view to the water as well as to the horizon and not be bothered by the life boat/cover. You will see the covering for the life boat as you look aft, but your view won't be obstructed by it.

PS That's the Serenade... the picture was taken from the Radiance;)

2cfcett.jpg

If I have identified the cabin correctly (arrow) you should have a good view to the water as well as to the horizon and not be bothered by the life boat/cover. You will see the covering for the life boat as you look aft, but your view won't be obstructed by it.

PS That's the Serenade... the picture was taken from the Radiance;)

2cfcett.jpg

Bill, I believe the balcony for 9288 is two to the right of your arrow, the one with the person with a pinkish white top who is standing just forward and on the other side of the balcony divider from the person with the blue top, as it is the most aft of the central hump balconies.

Archived