Boutique San Juan Hotel Advice

stones902

I'm looking for some recommendations from you for interesting boutique hotels in San Juan for our Pre/Post cruise stays.

Just a word about us, we have visited San Juan many times. In the past we have really enjoyed The Water Club, The Acacia, and the El San Juan.

This time, we may look for something closer to downtown restaurants / nightlife. Have any of you tried something lately that has really stood out. I'm not looking for the cheapest place but rather something comfortable and chic in a good location.

Any thoughts???

I'm looking for some recommendations from you for interesting boutique hotels in San Juan for our Pre/Post cruise stays.

Just a word about us, we have visited San Juan many times. In the past we have really enjoyed The Water Club, The Acacia, and the El San Juan.

This time, we may look for something closer to downtown restaurants / nightlife. Have any of you tried something lately that has really stood out. I'm not looking for the cheapest place but rather something comfortable and chic in a good location.

Any thoughts???

Believe it or not, Howard Johnson's used to have a great "boutique" hotel in Plaza De Armes in OSJ. We loved staying in the front rooms which have wrought iron balconies that overlooked the town square.

It is no longer part of the HoJo's chain and is privately operated as the Plaza De Armes Hotel. I haven't stayed there since they changed management, but I found it on this booking site if you wanted to read the reviews from it.

It's a mixture of modern with old time charm. If you stay in a front room, you will hear the street noise, but we always slept well. I loved the soghts and sounds- we usually slept with the balcony doors open.

http://www.booking.com/hotel/pr/plaza-de-armas-san-juan.en.html?aid=318615;label=New_English_EN_USA_Hotel-ox3suNWvULolOudq13mKhgS18358863145:pl:ta:p1:p2:ac:ap1t1:neg:kw_inurl:en.html%23inurl:booking.com/hotel:ws=&gclid=CMi65bmWjLUCFcuZ4AodqT0A0A

Just got back from a precruise stay at Villa Herencia. Located right down the street from the El Convento. Very small, nine rooms total I think. Staff was good, room was clean, bed super comfortable. We were in room H8 which is a king room located upstairs. This was our first time staying in OSJ.

Eclectic decorations, no in room safe, iron and hair dryer available in room. Free wifi. We would definitely stay there again.

Just got back from a precruise stay at Villa Herencia. Located right down the street from the El Convento. Very small' date=' nine rooms total I think. Staff was good, room was clean, bed super comfortable. We were in room H8 which is a king room located upstairs. This was our first time staying in OSJ.

Eclectic decorations, no in room safe, iron and hair dryer available in room. Free wifi. We would definitely stay there again.[/quote']

Thanks very much for the recomendation! Will check in out on line.

Any thoughts???

Fancy seeing you here... ;)

We leave for San Juan in the morning (Thursday) and staying at the La Concha. We have friends staying atthe Coral Princess. Will let you know what the think of it.I think it is in Old SJ though.

We sail on Celebrity Summit on Saturday (the 9th).

We are also booked on the Jewel out of there on Oct 19, 2013.

When are you guys sailing out of there again?

Archived