Ask and you shall receive (extra OBC that is!)

Hello. Firstly, thank you to everyone who posts and shares their information and advice on these boards. You could spend weeks just reading and never get to the end :)

I have been very interested in the whole On board credit (OBC) wrangle: some have lots some none. I revisited our booking which was made a long time ago, and found we only had $100 per cabin :mad::mad::mad:

So, I decided to ask for more :cool:

I sent off an email, thanking ourbTA for all his help, and advised that I would like more OBC. An email came straight back - so sorry, no can do.

Poop....

So I sent back another email. What a shame I said, I was really enjoying working with you, however I note that other TA's are offering much more OBC, and as we're still within our 100% deposit back timeframe..........

All weekend nothing.......

This morning......an email..... We suddenly find that we're able to accommodate you, and have bumped up your OBC to $450 per cabin :p

I think I'm quite happy with that.

So the moral of my story is this, ask and you shall receive, and if you still don't receive, be devious!

• 5 months later...

I have never sailed Celebrity, so I am not familiar with their programs. I sail with Princess and we get OBC from them for every cruise. For the longer ones it is $600 per cabin plus anything we get from our TA.

We get $150 each for using the Future Cruise Credits.

We get $250 for owning stock on Carnival Corporation

We get $50 for having sailed so much with Princess.

We are not eligible for it, but some people get up to $250 for having served in the military.

You may want to check on what Celebrity is offering

Archived