What activity to do on a Sunday (May/2013)

Reading54

We'll be sailing with NCL Dawn to Bermuda in May, and will be docking for 3 days at Kings Wharf . The day we arrived at Kings Wharf will be a Sunday, at 11am. We are in our 60's, love culture and food, but not water sports.

Guide books said that many stores will be closed in Hamilton and St. George, and public transportation will be running at a reduced schedule on weekends. So perhaps it makes sense to plan to visit St. George and Hamilton on the 2nd day, a Monday.

I cannot imagine spending the whole 1st day in the shopping Mall at the Royal Dockyard. What would be your recommendation on activities to do on a Sunday (when we also have Monday and Tuesday at Bermuda). Will taking a shared taxi to Paradise Beach for the afternoon be a good use of time on the Sunday?

Thanks.

A good choice would be a visit to the Bermuda Maritime Museum, aka the National Museum of Bermuda, which is located on the Dockyard grounds. It will give you a good introduction to Bermuda's history. Admission is $10:

http://www.bmm.bm/

A trip to the beach is another possibility, and on a Sunday a taxi is a much better choice of transportation than the bus, which has a limited schedule. I assume you mean Horseshoe Bay . There is no Paradise Beach. One word of caution...the water is generally too cool for swimming until late May, so you may not want to go in the water...but on the other hand because you're from Massachusetts you may be used to cooler ocean temperatures.

Monday is a better choice for visiting St. George and Hamilton because of transportation schedules.

We also will be going to Bermuda in May and I am thinking of getting a guided tour for several hours on the Sunday we get there. I would like to see the sights North of Hamilton as the last time we went we only had about a day and a half to explore. We did do the ferry to Hamilton and bus back and went to the glass beach near the dockyard and also found that the shops at the dockyard were interesting as well. Problem with the bus system is we really didn't know what we were seeing. A local guide would make a difference.

Archived