Late Check in this Saturday on Dream

suz1729

Carnival is trying to stagger boarding times. We got that email right before we sailed on Breeze earlier this month, and ignored it. We got to POM around 10:30am, did the Priority check-in shuffle, and were on board soon afterwards.

Just got an email saying not to check in on carnival dream this Saturday until btween 1 and 3 pm. Why so late,what's going on? It came just a bit ago and was titled URGENT MESSAGE,

Carnival has been sending out these emails for a year or more to try to stop crowding at the ports early in the day. I know most people ignore the email, and then some complain about long lines or long waits.

Unless there is going to be an immigration inspection, boarding on Dream starts about 10:45-11:00. If you go early and get into long lines, then you can't complain because your email stated to arrive later.

We are Platinum and got that email a couple of weeks ago. I email Vicky Rey, who signed the original email, that these letters shouldn't be sent to Platinum, Diamond and FTTF people. Her response was that we could certainly get there early and board early. No mention of why they can't program their computers to not send to those who are able to board right away.

Supposedly, I heard that these letters are sent to people who are driving to the port. I don't know if that's true or not, but it is in our case. We will still go when we want to. Good luck!

Archived