Pillow Menu?????

nyfarmgirl

Sailed AQ on all 3 X cruises that I have been on. The first time I asked the room steward about the pillow menu and he said all the pillows are on the bed, just choose the one you want to use.

The second cruise the steward said he didn't know about any menu but the pillows have always been the same.

On the 3rd cruise I finally found a pillow "menu" in the directory. Don't remember what was on it but it was useless because it may have told about what they were but there was nothing to identify what was what. I guess the first guy was right, choose the one you like.

What you will realize is most of the perks are just a lot of fluff with no substance.

Actually, for me this is a wonderful perk, as I am allergic to feathers, so down pillows need to go!

I asked for extra pillows on the Eclipse recently and when the steward realized I was used to a body pillow, one magically appeared that night. It was huge, tho, so I really did not use it , but did not want to hurt his feelings. He was so sweet. Yes, I tipped him extra.:)

I was just in CC on the 2 night Connie and I don't recall seeing a Pillow Menu in the blue book, there were an assortment of pillows on the bed though, 3 for each of us I believe.

I'm pretty selective about pillows as I have had a spinal fusion :( in my neck and sleeping "wrong" can cause me a miserable day. With our first ever 14 night cruise in Feb '14 - I was worried and thinking I might have to carry a pillow onboard to ensure that I had no problems. After the Connie cruise I now know that I won't have too, so menu or not - if what is in your cabin doesn't meet your needs - ask for something different.

DH laughs at me but, I take my pillow and put it in one of those vacuum bags and it goes in the suite case just fine. with all of the air out it is very thin.

Gina

My husband has had both hips replaced and uses a body pillow (He has named it "Dorothy", but that's another issue). She travels with us if going by car. On our last cruise on Oceania we asked for a body pillow and were met with a blank look. After describing it we were told they didn't have any but would see what they could do. When we returned to our cabin that night there was a custom made "body pillow"..... 2 regular pillows sewn together and pillow case to match. Now that's service!

I tried the body pillow on our last cruise and hubby made me get rid of it as it was so big it was like a third person in the bed and cut down on his room lol

I loved it, very comfortable expecially as I have problems with my back and neck, I usually take my own pillow with me when I go away

• 2 years later...

Strange, reading the pillow menu, it says the "Down" pillow is made of 100% siliconized hollow polyester providing for a "natural" rest and the "Ecological" pillow is made from 50% "feather" and 50% "down" providing for a "comfortable" rest.

We prefer big fluffy down pillows. Which of these two most fit the bill?

Edited by soxfan2013

Strange, reading the pillow menu, it says the "Down" pillow is made of 100% siliconized hollow polyester providing for a "natural" rest and the "Ecological" pillow is made from 50% "feather" and 50% "down" providing for a "comfortable" rest.

We prefer big fluffy down pillows. Which of these two most fit the bill?

Don't overthink this. Just ask the room steward for a fluffy down pillow.

Edited by Lsimon

Don't overthink this. Just ask the room steward for a fluffy down pillow.

Turns out I was reading from the pillow menu on Iberstar Cruise lines...so, go figure. Reading what seems to be the pillow menu from Celebrity, it says the rooms come pre-stocked with down pillows, and you can otherwise order polyfill, memory foam, or body pillow...so, that makes it easy.